❁1-Excuse me?❁

•*•*•*•*•*

I woke up to the usual. My mother shaking me slightly saying "It's just a dream sweetie, calm down." But I can't. calm down. To me it's more than a dream; it's a nightmare. Ever since I turned sixteen a year ago (I'm 17) I've had nightmares every single night. My mother would wake up to me screaming and crying and rolling around on my bed. Those are the nights where without even knowing what it's about, mom can tell it was horrible. I've gone to doctors but they just say it's "a phase" or part of puberty. Yeah right. There is no explanation as to why I have nightmares. He's suppose to be dead.

My world is different. We have a super hero, and we have a villain. But Gattaca (super hero) defeated RED (villain). When he was defeated, almost all evil things disappeared. Evil dogs (be glad you don't have these),scientist, people who try to take over the world(it's happened more than once) , and nightmares. All but my nightmares, to be exact. So that's why we try to keep it a secret now. People might think I'm evil like RED and might execute me. Now we can't have that. And like any other teenage girl, I have to wake up early for school. But thank goodness it's Friday.

My alarm clock beeped it's annoying little sound later that morning as I let out a groan and turned it off. I then began to get ready by brushing my teeth and hair, and getting dressed. I ran down the stairs as my mom placed my lunch on the counter (yes, my mom makes my lunch even though I'm a Senior in high school) I grabbed it and shoved it in my black Jansport back pack.

"Thanks momma." I said as I grabbed a banana and made my way towards the front door.

"Someone's in a hurry!" she laughed as she washed her frail thin hands.

"Yeah, well Fiona is picking me up earlier. Something about wanting to get to school on time for once." I let out a chuckle as I waved. "By mom!"

"By Teagan." My mother smiled with a tired look as I closed the door.

Last nights nightmare scenario wasn't as bad as usual, if I do say so my self. I wasn't screaming as loud.

As I sat on the curve waiting for my best friend Fiona to pull up in her red car {A/N I DONT KNOW WHAT KIND OF CARS THERE ARE SO IMAGINE ITS LIKE A CUTE LITTLE RED CAR} , I noticed that someone was moving into the house across from mine. Judging by the butt load of stuff they were bringing in, I'm guessing it was a family. That's nice.

I dozed off when all of the sudden a loud honk gave me a heart attack, and I let out a high-pitch scream.

"Get in loser, we need to go." Fiona muttered. Did I mention she's not a morning person?

"Good morning to you too, Fiona." I laughed as I ran around her car and got in the passenger seat after putting my stuff in the back.

"Sorry. " she said. "It should be illegal to wake up this early!"

I laughed. "Or to just wake up early in genera.l" I shrugged.

"True dat." she smiled. She took a sip of her coffe but ended up spilling it on her lap. She released a lot of words I dare not repeat as she stared to wipe it up.

Today was a foggy day, and the ground was damp from last nights rain. I was staring out the window, when I noticed a boy my age walk out the front door of the new neighbors house and walk towards a car.

He was tall and muscular, with brown hair and the bluest eyes you have ever see. I'm surprised I saw his eye color from here. He glanced over his shoulder at me, as if he sensed me staring at him, and we locked eyes. My grey eyes and his blue eyes. Boy was this guy hot. No, he was beautiful. I looked away shyly at my lap feeling embarrassed.