❁22-Teagan, what has gotten into you?❁

The only thought that was going to help me make it through school today was being able to hang out with Grandpa Joe afterwards. I don't think I was mentally prepared to tackle a Monday, especially because I would have to see Zander. I had woken up late this morning, which was a result of a alarm clock mishap thanks to a power outage last night. I was rushing to get ready for school, briefly checking the weather and deciding on wearing an oversized red and black flannel with black leggings and my light brown UGG boots. Throwing my hair into an extremely messy bun, I grabbed a banana and ran into the garage as I sent a text to Fiona telling her I woke up late and couldn't give her a ride. I groaned when I realized I parked it in the driveway. As fast as I could, I exited the garage and ran out the front door. Grabbing the shiny black door handle I pulled, but to my dismay it didn't open.

"My keys!" I mumbled. I left them on the counter. I had three minutes to get to school or I'd be late. If I left now I could make it, considering I live one block away from my school. I began to head back to my front door when I heard a honk.

It was then that I realized a black car, similar to mine, was parked along the curve. It was parked next to the trash cans, engine roaring loudly and exhaust puffing out the back of the cars pipe as a result of the heater turned on. I saw through the tinted windows that Zander was behind the wheel. He rolled down the windows and stuck his head out of the car. "Are you going to stand there or get in the car?"

I snorted my reply and ran around to the passenger car. Sitting down, I buckled my seatbelt and took a deep breath. "Why?"

He started to pull out of the neighborhood and towards the school. "Why what?"

"Why are you giving me a ride to school?" I questioned, sending him a side glance. It was another gloomy day out, with damp grounds and fresh air. It was suppose to rain today, normal weather in my small town. It was also windy today, blowing around the trees and fallen leaves on the ground.

"I'm earning your forgiveness." He stated simply, making a sharp left turn. I fiddled with my backpack awkwardly. What do I say to that? 'Keep up the good work'?

"Okay." I said in a small voice. I was very thankful that it was a short ride to school, because we pulled up to the front of the empty school yard. He stopped the car.

"Here's your stop." He said putting the car in park. Unlocking the car, he nodded in anticipation.

"Aren't you going to park the car? You need to go to class also." I questioned, confusion evident in my voice.

"Your going to be late if you don't get out." He stated.

"But-"

"Teagan please leave, I don't want you to be late."

"Okay." I said shyly and got out of the car after unbuckling myself. "And...thank you."

He smiled happily, "Your welcome."

I hurriedly walked toward the front doors, smiling to myself as I felt my cheeks heat up. Sure I was still mad at him, but I still have a crush on him. Practically sprinting to my first period, I made it right on time. The bell rang as I sat down in my seat.

"Now class, let's begin!" My math teacher said.

I spotted Eric and Brandon giving me strange looks. It was obvious that I was blushing, but they didn't need to know why. I sent them a reassuring smile and returned my focus to my teacher.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

"Your kidding."

"Nope." I laughed as Fiona turned a right down her street.