❁ 14- Did you want something?❁

Everyone was asleep, but me.

        It was 2:30 AM, and not only was I beyond exhausted, but I was annoyed. Why did I have to get all the nightmares? Why couldn't someone else be cursed with this burden? All I wanted to do was sleep!

        All the doors were locked that lead in and out of the gym. We were stuck. And the windows, which were located 20 feet above the ground were out of the escape plan for obvious reasons. Luckily, there are bathrooms in here, but not the nice ones (which is the reason I went into the hall to go to the nice bathroom). And since I'm annoyed because I'm the only one in the gym not sleeping, I got up and headed in there to find something entertaining.

        I walked in and gagged instantly. It stank, and the floor was smudged with dirt. The mirrors were way too dirty to even look through them and see a clear picture, and the stalls had writing all over them. I heard a flush and I instantly recoiled causing my back to slam into the sink.

        "Ow." I whispered.

        The stall door opened and out walked Rebecca in her slutty dress that didn't cover up her booty. She was showing some serious cleavage, and wearing such big high heels you could easily mistake them for torture devices. I don't particularly like heels, but I will wear them. One time my mom went out and bought me these black high heels that were really cute but just to high for my liking, but I wore them anyways to make her smile. That was a big mistake, because I ended up twisting my ankle and I was out for the end of cross country season. So now I only wear heels if there at least two inches or shorter.

        "Ew, look what the cat dragged in." She said in pure disgust. She thinks I'm disgusting? Has she looked around the bathroom? It has enough disgust to last a life time!

        "Actually I walked in here." I said pointing at the door. "I'm not sure a cat could open that door, I mean it's pretty heavy and-"

        "I get it!" She said clearly annoyed. "You wore that to the dance? Where did you get it? A thrift shop?"

        "You really want to go there Rebecca? What happened the the phrase 'Modest is hottest' ? You pretty much ripped that phrase up and shredded it." I said walking towards her.

        "Yeah, well maybe that's why I have a boyfriend and you don't." She said with a smirk.

        Since when did she have a boyfriend? I remember Danny, but I thought they broke up last week. Or maybe it was Michael... either way, I though she was single. I shall pray for the poor unfortunate soul that ended up with her and must meet her every demand.

        "Since when did you have a boyfriend?" I questioned, raising my eyebrows.

        She smiled at me evilly, like she knew I was going to freak out. She walked to the door, opening it up and turned around to look at me. "Zander. Zander North." And with that, she walked out of the bathroom, her heels clicking on the dirty tile as I gaped at her.

        No way.

        No flipping way.

        She can't be dating Zander. He would have told me, right? I mean, we aren't best friends, but were close right? I go to him for advice, then I interrogate him about a situation going on in his life so I can give him advice. We're even running buddies. And he knows that she's pretty much my arch nemesis.

        She could just be lying.

        She likes to get on my nerves a lot. But why should I even care if they date? It's not like I like him or anything in that way. We're just friends. But my heart seemed to crack at the mention of 'just friends' , and I began to plot Rebecca's death. Okay, that might be a little too extreme, but I will get revenge on her. Even though I don't likey like Zander, it still bugs me that they're dating. And besides, I've never had a boyfriend before, so these 'feelings' are new to me. How do you even know if you like a guy? You might just think that he's incredibly cute and you want to be able to call him yours. That doesn't mean you like him. That just means you like him for his looks.