❁5- Its just a nightmare, right?❁

16 reads!? Yay! Thank you so much! Please enjoy:

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

        Falling asleep that night was certainly a challenge. My head was filled with questions and thoughts. Like, how am I supposed to show my face in public without people pointing and asking me 'what was it like being saved by Gattaca?'. In all honesty, it was strange, but a good strange. Being in the arms of an unknown super hot Hero definitely was probably the highlight of my day.

        But. Where was Eric? After he threw me in the water, he disappeared. Not even an "I'm sorry, I know I'm a buttnugget" from him. That ticked me off. I am almost die because of him, and he has the nerve to disappear?!

        And another thing. Where was Zander? I didn't see him at all during the beach. In fact, I don't think he even came. But that's weird considering he was dressed to go to the beach.

        Go to sleep Teagan!

        Ugh. Fine. If you say so. Let's see what this crazy nightmare has to throw at me tonight.

*•*•*•

        I don't remember waking up. But here I am in my kitchen. Eating cereal at 1 in the morning. You might be wondering why I'm awake and eating cereal. Well me too.

        It was practically all gone, so I put it in the sink. But silly me forgot that it's early and my mom might wake up when I sat it down because it made a loud CLUNK.

        "My bad" I whispered to no one.

        I literally tip toed towards the stairs, ready to make a mad dash away, when my mom opened her bedroom door (which is down the hall from the stairs) and slowly emerged with a bat in hand.

        "'Mom it's okay, it was just me" I said in a reassuring voice. " dumb old me forgot-"

        "RUN" she said in a voice that sounded nothing like her.

        "S'cuse me?" I said puzzled. It's probably her way of saying "YOU WOKE ME UP AND I'M MAD SO I'M GOING TO SCARE YOU FOR REVENGE".

        "I. Said. Run" she said again this time sounding angry.

        "Mom, jeesh it was just a cereal bowl. If it will make you feel better I will read you a bed time story with a glass of milk and-"

        She let out a blood curling scream. No. Not a scream. It sounded like a screech.

        "Mom?! It's one in the morning! Don't wake up the neighbors!" I said confused.

        The next thing she did, I wasn't really prepared for. She took a step forward and swung the bat. I let out a shriek as I ducked. I heard something that sounded like the bat colliding with the wall. I stood up and looked at it with bewilderment.

        "Mom!" I said pointing to the hole. "You could have killed me!"

        "No duh" she said in that strange voice again.

        Okay something is wrong with her. My mother would not scream this early, especially not like that, because she would be too afraid of waking the neighbors. And second, she would NEVER swing a bat towards my head.

        Then something weird happened. Her eyes glowed a bright red. Like, a flash light but red. And when this happened, the lights flickered. Something was seriously wrong... Or my mom could have gotten some new contacts that glow at random times and made her vision strange so she thought I was a burglar. And the lights could just have something to do with the power outlet. But this doesn't explain the voice...and I'm all out of ideas.