❁24- You don't like the new look?❁

"Teagan?!" I heard someone scream as a light turned on. I sat up with a gasp, panting like I had just ran a marathon. Looking around, I realized I was in Fiona's room as she stared at me in shock, tears running down her face.

"Fiona what's wrong?" I asked quickly, still trying to wake up. Did I scream in my sleep? Did I do something wrong?

Does she know about my nightmares?

"What's wrong?" She questioned, giving me an angry look. "What's wrong is that-"

Her door slammed open, interrupting her as her mom stormed in. Her long orange air was pulled up into a loose bun and she was wearing black pajama shorts and a normal v-neck t shirt. Her facial features look exactly like Fiona, and you could tell that there's a resemblance. But she looked very stressed, and she also was in tears. What's going on?

"Teagan, I-you," she stuttered, "Teagan, your mother-"

"My mom? What about her?" I said quickly, getting out of bed and standing up. I looked between Fiona and her mom, both of them looking stressed.

"Your mom is dead." Fiona's mom said, staring at the ground.

"What?!" I screamed in shock.

"I got a call from her work, her body was just found." Fiona's mom sniffled. "I'm so sorry Teagan, this shouldn't have happened."

My brain shut down. My vision went black, and the only thing I could make out was the sound of my sobs as I cried into Fiona's shoulder. How could this have happened? She can't die! She was fine today, perfectly healthy and happy with her life. How could it be, that the last time I talked to my mom, we were arguing? How can I cope with the fact that my moms dead, and the last time I saw her I yelled at her, hardly being able to stand seeing her. And how am I suppose to get answers? My mom is my rock, my best friend, and most of all my role model. She's the reason I exist- her and my dad- she's the reason I'm here right now. How could someone I love so much, just walk off the face of the world forever? No more of her cakes. No more of her brownies, pies, meat casseroles. No more of her contagious laugh, dumb jokes, inviting smile. I can't see her face anymore with her normal sparkle.

These thoughts bombarded me, pushing down on my like a weight. My sobs became an unattractive scream. I screamed until my throat was raw; cried until I had no tears left; and blew until my nose was like Rudolph. I don't know what happened after that. I don't Remember Fiona's mom leaving, but then again I don't even remember running to the water fall. I felt dizzy, my eyesight now fuzzy until it cleared, and I heard the sound of the waterfall and crickets chirping the night away. The moon lit up the woods, making things easier to see as I climbed the rocks and sat down in my usual place, overlooking the water and the woods. It was peaceful--that's is, until I remembered what just occurred moments ago.

My mom is dead.

How did this happen? How did she die? Was she murdered, or did she....

"Teagan?" A voice called out, and I heard feet land, almost like they had jumped and landed loudly. Knowing exactly who it was, I jumped to my feet and turned around, ready to be greeted by Gattaca and hug him but I stopped dead in my tracks. Gattaca...was no longer Gattaca. His usual green suit was a bright shade of red, reminding me of my of blood; not to mention his eyes were blood shot and seemed to be burning like a fire, changing colors from red to orange to yellow. He looked evil, with an angry facial expression.

I let out a squeak, literally shocked at the sight in front of me.

"Hello Teagan," He smirked as he slowly walked towards me. "How's it going?"

"Gattaca?" I asked, taking a small instinctive step back. "What's wrong with you?"

"What? You don't like the new look?" He smiled, but it just looked plain out creepy. "What a shame. I think red looks hot on you."