Chapter 9

Izzy settled into the water with a content smile. Her eyes closed as Zali slid in beside her.

"When you relax your horns and tail come out?" Zali asked.

"When I let go." The succubus answered. "It's a little different, but yes."

"Keep your tail to yourself and I'll be fine." Zali narrowed her eyes.

"I know." Izzy laughed. "It's over here."

"Good." Zali nodded. Allowing her eyes to close as she relaxed.

"The spring is filled with magic." Izzy told her. "I have it tended to by river nymphs."

"There are nymphs here?" Zali opened her eyes and looked down at the water.

"Not at the moment. They know you'd be nervous of them, so they're hiding for now."

"I assume they help you relax?" Zali raised an eyebrow.

Izzy laughed. "There are a lot of things that help me relax. But you're my favorite."

"Not tonight." Zali retorted.

"There's still a few hours for me to try to get that to change." The succubus smirked.

"We'll see." Zali closed her eyes again and turned away from the Succubus.

After a few minutes Izzy climbed out of the water and Zali followed. Izzy using magic to will all of the water off her body, to which Zali did the same.

"Would you like to snuggle in my bed?" Izzy asked, glancing over her shoulder with a smile.

"With clothes on. And I'd prefer my own bed in the real world."

"But there's no fun in that." The succubus smirked, as she sat on the bed facing Zali where she crossed her legs, watching the mage carefully. Her wings folded around her shoulders, looking like a cape.

Zali didn't know when they had appeared, she must have been looking at something else.

"You are a devil." Zali told her.

"No. Just a demon." The succubus retorted. "Please join me."

"I feel like I'm being manipulated."

Izzy pointed to the portal. "If you want to leave it's right there and opened. From this side. I figured you wouldn't want your brother coming in and seeing you like this."

"Can they hear in here?"

"No, but we can hear them. Incase they needed you for something."

"Jeez... You thought of everything."

"I like to think ahead. To try and make you comfortable." The demon confessed. "I'd do anything for you, you know that right?"

Although the devilish smirk was still on the demon's face, Zali could see the sincerity in her eyes. She wasn't lying.

"You make it so difficult to be mad and see reason!" Zali barked.

"Just ask Mistress. Anything you want is yours."

"I want you to promise me. To promise me on your life that you're not just going to walk out on me as soon as you break the seal. I want you to swear that you're going to stay with me!" Zali snapped.

"Is that all?"

"F-for now!"

"I promise Zali. I promise on my life that I will never leave you." The demon told her. "You're the only one I need."