Chapter 63

Zali leaned back at her desk and yawned in the middle of the classroom. She had studied endlessly for the upcoming test, and had no desire to pay attention to Isirona's review. She couldn't care less for the material if she tried.

Thankfully, Isirona was aware of how much she was studying, and didn't call her out on the incredibly bored expression on her face during the class.

At least not at first.

She waited until Zali fell asleep to do that.

"As much as I don't like to embarrass my significant other..." The succubus began before sighing deeply. "It wouldn't be fair of me to allow her to sleep in the middle of class would it?"

A few people giggled and snickered as Isirona made her way to Zali's desk, the succubus wearing a playful smirk on her face.

"This, class, is what it looks like when you cram for three days straight. And yes, she was aware we'd be doing review these days, but she still thought it was better to study as hard as she did." Isirona continued.

SLAM!

Zali sat up so fast she nearly fell out of her chair, barely managing to catch herself by gripping the table. Isirona was smiling down at her, her hand flat against the desk right in front of where the mage's head had been resting. Zali glared up at her, before realizing that they were in the middle of the classroom where her face turned bright red and she sat back in her seat trying to hide her face in her hands.

"Unfortunately Zali, I can't let you sleep in my classroom while I'm still teaching, even if it is review." Isirona warned her.

"Right. Sorry." Zali answered, cringing as the class laughed for a few seconds at her expense.

Isirona made her way back to the front of the class to continue her lesson. "You can stay after class. If you feel the need to sleep in my class, you won't mind making up your time by writing me a short essay on why you shouldn't do that."

Zali groaned, burying her face in her arms like she was going to go back to sleep, but the tiredness had been completely shaken out of her by her infuriating succubus. It was hard to remember that Isirona had to be a teacher sometimes, and couldn't take it easy on her. Even though they were engaged, Isirona still had a job to do, and she couldn't let Zali get away with things otherwise she'd have to let everyone do so as well.

One of the boys behind her chuckled softly. "Brutal." He muttered. "If she does that to her girlfriend, I can't imagine what she'd do if one of us fell asleep."

"I'll treat you all exactly the same way. When I enter this classroom as your professor I can't pick favorites. I've been teaching for thousands of years and have learned the best ways to get my points across. It just so happened to be Zali who decided to fall asleep on us." Isirona explained. "But enough distractions. We have a test in three days and I expect all of you to pass with flying colors. Head up Zali."

Zali raised her head to glare at the succubus, but she just turned and continued writing things on the chalkboard. She knew there was nothing she could do about it at all for the moment. She would have to bite her tongue and accept her punishment.

When class came to an end a few people gave Zali gentle pats on the shoulders and quick "Good luck!"s as they walked out.

Isirona moved and sat at her desk as Zali watched her, waiting for every last person to leave. When they were finally alone, she called out to her.

"You weren't serious about me writing an essay were you?" The young mage asked.

"I was perfectly serious." Isirona answered, glancing at Zali before looking down at her own paperwork which she began going through. "I expect it on my desk within the hour."