Chapter 36

"Are you teaching the same things here as you were before?" Zali called to her succubus from the kitchen.

"Indeed. Though since I'm also on the Board I'll have a bit more responsibilities. If it becomes too much work for me Octavia says that I don't need to teach, but I don't foresee that as being a problem." Isirona answered from the couch as she went over paperwork.

"You do have Dale to help you." Zali answered, coming into the living room holding a bowl of popcorn.

"She does make it much easier." Isirona agreed, closing her binder and pushing it towards the middle of the table so she could put her feet up and relax as Zali sat next to her. "But I don't force her to do too much."

"Where is she?"

"There was a nice gentleman who was speaking to her after the Orientation whom I'm assuming she's infatuated with for the moment."

Zali cringed. "Really? I thought she was more refined than that."

"You'd be surprised." Isirona smiled softly, taking a handful of popcorn from Zali's bowl as the young mage turned on a movie. "But I wouldn't worry about her."

"She's an adult. Unlike her sister." Zali scoffed.

Isirona chuckled. "Ciera is just enjoying herself. She's never had someone who complimented her so well."

"You don't think it'll last?"

"I do. They work far too well together for it to be a fling." The succubus admitted. "But they haven't mentioned being mates or anything of the sort. I know Ciera doesn't know her mate like vampires do, but Vanessa also wasn't born a vampire, and may not know either."

"I guess the future doesn't really matter to them and they're just thinking about the now." Zali shrugged before shoving a handful of popcorn in her mouth.

"On the bright side, we're alone."

Zali raised an eyebrow. "You and I are alone ninety percent of the time."

"True." Isirona smiled. "How long do you think you'll be studying here?"

"Well, humans usually only go to college for four to eight years, but if I'm immortal then I can just keep learning for as long as there's things to learn." The young mage noted, seeming to be in thought. "And as amazing as you are, there are things that even you don't know. So I guess I can stay here till I get bored. I know time doesn't work the same for you as it does for me."

"Eventually you'll get used to your immortality. But yes, a few hundred years of work here isn't really anything notable for my lifetime."

"How does that work anyway? A minute for you is still a minute for me."

"I'm not really sure how to explain it. I suppose time just seems to pass me by much faster than humans, but I'm not even sure if that's accurate." Isirona shrugged. "I'm sure after a hundred or so years you'll start to understand."

"I guess."

"The movie is starting." Isirona noted, eating one piece of popcorn at a time like the graceful person she was.

Zali had to tear her gaze away from the succubus a few times, catching herself staring after Izzy would grab another handful.

"You know, Octavia told me you didn't know how old I was." Zali called, watching as the succubus choked on her next piece of popcorn, as she was certainly not expecting the question. This of course made Zali smile, even if she tried not to show it.

"W-What?" Isirona asked after catching her breath. "Why would she tell you that?"

"She probably thought it was funny."