Chapter 10

Zali felt content with where she was, curled up next to the succubus in the warm bed, but she'd never say it aloud, even though she knew that Izzy could hear her thoughts.

She was on her back, Izzy's arms wrapped around her midsection as she held her close. She was thankful Izzy's eyes didn't glow all the time like a vampire's. That might have been more difficult to sleep with.

"Are you well Mistress?" Izzy whispered, as if afraid to wake someone else.

"Yeah. I'm okay." The mage admitted. "I kinda feel used though..."

Izzy laughed quietly. "I didn't bed you for my sake. Even if I did feel it too. I wanted you to be happy, to feel the pleasure yourself."

"That why you bit me?"

Another giggle. "Indeed. But you were better off for it no?"

"I guess. I dunno. It makes me wonder if you can't please me enough unless you do bite me."

"Funny. But I think you'll disagree since I didn't bite you the first time." Zali could feel the demon's tail swaying on the bed like an amused cat. Her wings made the perfect blanket over the two of them, even if they weren't as soft as she would have liked.

"I guess." Zali shrugged. "So you're going to stay with me right? You're not going to leave?"

"I won't, no. I won't even search for a way to separate us if it makes you feel better." Isirona explained. "I'd rather stay with you than go back to the tower anyway."

"What if I want to go to the tower?"

"Then I'll take you."

"Okay." She nodded slightly.

"Do you trust me yet?"

"I don't know. I still have a nagging feeling that I'm being used."

"It's expected." The demon shrugged. "I wish you could hear my thoughts, but I have no such abilities."

"You can't link your thoughts to mine?"

"No. As far as I'm aware, only vampires, shade's and dragons can do that. And I'm pretty sure you don't want to be a vampire."

"I'd rather not." Zali shuddered at the thought.

"Whenever you're ready to get up, we can leave." Izzy told her.

"Right. I can stay here for a bit longer."

"Zali! Izzy!? Are you in there? There's someone from the school here to talk to you about a book?" Bianca called into the portal. "They're downstairs because I didn't want them to see Izzy."

Izzy climbed out of bed, handing Zali her clothes as she got up too. "What am I going to say?" Zali whined.

"I'll move the book in here so they can't find it." Izzy told her. "And I'll stay out of sight."

Zali got dressed. "Alright fine." She stepped through the portal and smiled softly at her mom. "Yeah. It's Izzy's book. They'll probably want it back, but if they take it she might disappear so I'm going to give it to her." She explained, picking up the book and passing it into the portal, where she felt Izzy grab hold of it. As Zali stepped back, the portal closed.

"Don't want her to be taken away huh?" Bianca smirked.

"She's helping me with spells is all." Zali retorted, before following her mother down the stairs where she found the man who had brought the book to the library waiting for her.

"I will prevent his spells from working, if he deicides to use them to track the book." Izzy told her mistress in her mind.

"Good afternoon." Zali bowed her head politely. "Did something happen?"