Chapter 38

Mitchel and Zali sat at the table with the other girls after each grabbing drinks of their own. "What do you know about Orenda?" Vanessa asked, looking to Zali.

"I've never had the chance to talk to her." Zali shrugged.

"I heard she's probably the most powerful mage we've seen. Which makes sense considering she's half Zealot." Jade explained.

"I heard that there are more than seven Zealots now." Brittney noted.

"Speaking of Zealots..." Ciera muttered, and pointed to the green Zealot walking down the hallway with Kai and a young black haired girl with cat ears and a long fluffy tail. She was wearing a leather vest with a white sleeveless shirt on under it and jeans with boots.

Kai was wearing her red blindfold, with golden vine-like designs across the front and sides.

"Hey Chysolite!" Vanessa called, waving them over. "Can we ask you some Zealot questions?"

The trio made their way over, with the younger girl's tail swaying happily as she held onto Kai's hand. "Of course you can." Chysolite answered.

Vanessa motioned for them to pull some seats over and they did sit down. Ciera smiled and shook the hand of the younger girl. "My name is Ciera. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Nebit." The girl answered.

"This is Kai's sister." Chysolite explained. "So what kinda questions do you have?"

"Since Ragnarok was defeated, there can be more than seven Zealots now right?" Vanessa asked.

"Nope. There's always gonna be seven." Chysolite answered. "But the Margarites can leave the Void now and come here. So you might see hornless Zealots walking around here, but they don't have the same magic that we do."

"Margarites?" Jade raised an eyebrow.

"Margarites is the actual name of my race. Zealot and Peace Keeper are titles given to us by Ragnarok and the people of this world." Chysolite explained.

"I've never seen a Zealot with wings either." Jade noted, seeming to examine the Zealot's back.

Chysolite smiled and flexed her left wing a bit since no one was sitting on that side to show it off. "I'm the only Zealot with wings. There are other Margarites who have them, but it's a very rare trait."

"She's the High Zealot." Nebit grinned.

"That I am."

"What does that mean? Is it another title?" Vanessa questioned.

"As High Zealot, I was the first Zealot that Ragnarok chose to come to this world. I just happened to have wings and it sort of became part of the requirement."

"Wait... you were the first Zealot?" Jade's jaw seemed to fall out of her skull.

"Yep."

"Doesn't that mean you're like... infinitely old?"

Chysolite shrugged. "Dunno. My memories are fragmented from around the time of Exodious's creation. After a certain point everything is clear, but before that I can only recall bits and pieces."

"Do you remember what the Void looked like?" Jade asked.

"Of course. It's like Earth or Exodious, but everything is made of crystals and other materials that don't really exist here. There are also a lot more colors."

"I wish I could see it." Jade seemed to be in her own imagination.

"Unfortunately I think you'd go blind just by seeing it." Chysolite cringed.