nineteen

*Gabby's POV*

"Hi Daniel." I smile as he's standing outside the door.

"Hello Gabby. You look lovely."

I feel myself blushing, "Thank you. You look quite handsome yourself."

He holds his hand out, and I take it willingly with a grin.

"C'mon." He nods towards his car.

I shut the door behind me and let him lead us towards his vehicle.

Once we're in, he starts it but rather than driving, he turns to me apologetically.

"What?" I ask nervously.

He sighs before saying, "I'm worried about Wes."

I nod, "Yeah... Yeah I'm worried about S. She stormed off and once again, locked herself up in her room."

"Wes was at our place in his room, and then he went back to the beach. He always goes back to the lifeguard tower to think."

I bite my lip before putting my hand on his.

"I think we should go talk to him."

He looks at my in surprise, "Really?"

I nod, "Yeah. I can tell that you really want to."

"I'm sorry. Wow, I'm so sorry. This was supposed to be a great first date, but instead, I'm making you go to my basket case of a friend."

I chuckle and kiss his cheek.

"There's nothing I'd rather do."

He smiles and turns his car off, "Okay. Let's go."

We get back out of his car and walk over to the beach. We enter and I see that the beach is empty and Wesley is sitting up on the roof looking out at the sunset.

"Yo Wes!" Daniel calls.

Wesley turns around and looks down at us. He looks solemn and surprised.

"Oh! Oh, hi you two!"

"We came to check on you..." I start, "How are are you doing?"

He shrugs, "I'm fine!"

Daniel lifts an eyebrow, "Dude..."

He obviously forces a smile, "What? I'm all good!"

Daniel and I share a glance, before looking back up at Wes.

"Alright..." I start, "Then I guess you wouldn't care if I told Sage that you're over her and she can stop freaking out?"

"She's freaking out?" He asks.

I nod, "Yeah. She's a mess. But it's a good thing that you're alright, cause now she can calm down."

I avert my gaze to Daniel, "C'mon. Let's go find Sage."

Daniel and I start to turn and walk away, but not before Wes can yell,

"Wait, wait!"

Daniel and I share a glance of slight amusement before going back over to him.

I watch as Wes climbs down the ladder, jumps off, and lands right in front of us.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry. I don't know why I'm like this. I like her so much. I've never gotten this attached to someone in such a short period of time."

"Bro, you fucked up. You can't expect things to randomly fit back into place." Daniel points out.

"I know!" Wesley growls in frustration, "But I don't know what to do! I mean, she came out, kissed me, and then when I tried to kiss her again, she ran away!"