twenty two

*Sage's POV*

I wake up to a ray of sunlight shining through an unfamiliar window.

I smile and roll over to see the slow rise and fall of Wes' chest.

I check my phone to see that it's currently 8:30 am.

Last night, halfway through the movie, we were making out so much, that we decided to forget the movie and move to the bedroom. And then, you can guess what happened after that.

I just rest my head back onto my pillow and watch him sleep.

After what could've only been two minutes, he rolls over in his sheets and his eye open and meet mine.

He smiles, "Good morning love."

I lean over and peck his lips, "Good morning."

"Last night was just as amazing as the first time." He announces, his voice still raspy.

I chuckle, "I agree. It was great."

He raises his hand and tucks a loose piece of hair behind my ear.

"You're beautiful."

I hide my face in my pillows, embarrassed by my reddening face, "You're too kind Wes."

I hear a small breath escape his lips, "So what are our plans today?"

I come out from the pillows and say, "I don't really know. I think my friends wanted to do something exciting for our last day."

He nods, "Alright..."

I sit up and look down at him, "It's not that I don't wanna hang out with you! It's just that, it's my spring break with my best friends! It wouldn't be fair to ditch them! Plus, you have work Wes! You have to go make sure people don't drown in the ocean!"

I can't help myself, so I joke, "You need to practice lifeguarding anyways. Because you probably can't save other people if you're the one drowning."

"Hey!" He throws a pillow at me.

I laugh, "I'm sorry! I had to!"

He sighs.

I place my hand gently on his cheek, "If I find time, you'll be the first person I call."

He makes a pouty face, "Okay."

I chuckle, sit up and grab my shorts and shirt from last night.

I swing my legs over the side of the bed and change.

As I pull my tank top over my head, I can feel his gaze burning into my back.

I turn my head and look at him in amusement, "What you goof?"

He smiles sadly, "I wish you could stay longer."

I sigh, then lean down and plant a kiss on his lips.

"You're cute. I wish I could stay longer too. But we both have lives to live."

I stand up and start shivering, "Damn, for a summer in SoCal, it's pretty damn cold."

He laughs slightly, "Open the closet over there. Pick out one of my sweatshirts."