twenty

*Wesley's POV*

Tanner, Dustin, Jasmine, Hayley, Sage and I are all at this bar that I've seen around here before.

It's called Wally's Place. It's hella modern and unlike any bar you'd normally see. It's like a club, without the club. There's booths and tables and a bar, but it's all white and glass and LED lights. It's definitely cool, but I'm still not sure how I feel about breaking the law right in public.

Jasmine, Dustin and Hayley are sitting at the booth, Sage is getting drinks, and Tanner and I are hanging out at the edge of the bar. He's leaning against the bar, checking out all the girls that walk by.

I nudge him as I continue watching Sage. He doesn't take notice, as he's too focused on one girl's ass.

Finally, I nudge him hard and whisper-yell,

"Tanner!"

He jumps slightly and looks at me in annoyance.

"What Wes?"

I gesture towards Sage.

She's smiling, leaning down on the bar with her elbows holding her up. One hand is holding her chin while the other is gently stroking the name tag of the young bartender.

"Sage is hella flirting with that bartender!"

He rolls his eyes, "Dude, chill. Blondie literally told you that she has to flirt in order to get free drinks. Don't worry. She's still here with you."

I glance over at her once more and see that now, she's leaning over the bar, one foot daintily kicked behind her. One hand is holding her up on the bar, the other booping his nose.

"She just booped his nose!" I exclaim.

Tanner slaps my shoulder and glares at me, "Shut up!"

"Don't tell me to shut up! I'm stressed! Sage and I just resolved things literally like, thirty minutes ago!"

He sighs, looks at me for a second, then suddenly a lightbulb seems to go off inside his head.

He turns to face the bar and whistles at a bartender to catch her attention. She turns around, and suddenly I see Tanner's eyes fill with interest.

He puts on his smirk and leans down so he's closer to her.

"Two shots of whiskey for my friend and I."

She gives him a smile, and without breaking eye contact, she pulls out two shot glasses with one hand, and the bottle of whiskey with the other.

She looks down at the glasses and quickly fills them up. She then proceeds to slide them over to us and looks at Tanner with her pretty brown eyes.

"There you go, hot stuff."

She then turns around and walks to a different area behind the bar. Tanner's eyes move with the sway of her hips as they move back and forth.

I look down at the shots in surprise.

"How'd you do that Tanner?"

"Do what?" He asks, still staring at her.

"Get those drinks without her even blinking an eye?"

Finally, he looks over to me.

"First of all..." He uses both hands to gesture towards himself with a self-confident smile, "Second of all, as long as you act casual, they won't question you."