My...Stepbrother? {2}

“Uh…What just happened?” I asked in confusion.

                “Oh man Kory! I am so, so sorry about Trace!” Brandon cried, looking angry, apologetic, and embarrassed all at once.

                “Oh, don’t worry about it Brandon! I’m just trying to figure out what the hell just happened,” I said, looking at the couch where Trace had been sitting a moment earlier. Someone needed a nap more than I did!

                “Kory, honey, why don’t you go to bed? You look exhausted. Maybe Trace was tired too. I’m sure he’ll apologize to you in the morning,” mom said with a small, encouraging smile.

                I nodded and then remembered there was other stuff in the car. I opened my mouth to say I’d finish unpacking the car, but Brandon shook his head at me.

                “Go to bed Kory. You look dead on your feet. I’ll get the rest of the stuff out of the car. Don’t even worry about it!” he said with a smile. “And I’m really, really sorry about Trace’s behavior.”

                I waved my hand in dismissal and yawned. “It’s fine Brandon. Seriously, don’t worry about it at all! My mom’s right; Trace was probably just tired. Goodnight guys!” I said and hugged my mom tightly.

                She smiled and kissed my cheek before releasing me. Brandon ruffled my hair again and gave me a one armed hug. “Goodnight Kory. If you need anything, our room is the one on the opposite end of the hall. Don’t hesitate to wake us up. If you need the bathroom, it’s the door directly next to yours. Trace’s bedroom is directly across from yours. Sleep tight!” he said and released me.

                I gave a slight wave before heading upstairs. I glanced at Trace’s bedroom door. I could slightly hear music playing and fought back the urge to go into his room and try to talk to him. For one, I didn’t need to make this situation any worse. And for two, I was just way too tired right now.

                So, I went into my new bedroom. I shut off the lights after stripping down to my boxers and setting up the bed a little.

                I jumped onto the bed, pulling the covers up to my chin comfortably and squeezing my eyes shut. My body felt heavy, and my head sank onto my comfortable pillow. I let out one more yawn before drifting into a nice sleep.

                                                                                                ***

                Something shone in my eyes and I groaned and rolled over. “Pull up your pants Aiden,” I moaned and pulled my pillow over my head.

                “Aiden? Who the hell is Aiden?”

                I jumped up in shock and let out a little scream. I looked over and realized that the thing that had been shining in my face had not been a sexy boy’s glamorous reproductive part, but instead the sun shining through my window. 

                “Sorry Kory. I didn’t mean to scare you,” Brandon said, laughing.

                “Uh…Hi Brandon! Aiden is…uh…he’s definitely not a sexy guy from my school or anything…he’s…my…Barbie Doll! Yea, I didn’t have a Ken, I had an Aiden,” I babbled nervously, barely registering what I was saying.

                Brandon raised an eyebrow at me and cocked his head to the side. “So, you sleep with your Barbie Doll whom is lacking pants?” he asked, an amused look entering his eyes.