My...Stepbrother? {9}

“You actually mooned him?”

                I nodded, and Zeke exploded into laughter. “That’s fucking awesome!” he cried and slapped me on the back, trying to control his laughter.

                “He’s just so moonable!” I cried and Zeke laughed harder.

                “Corny, no wonder he freaking hates you!” he said and finally managed to get himself under a little bit of control. He took a lick of his ice cream as I pouted.

                We were sitting in the ice cream shop together. My mom had decided to actually let me out of bed today, and I was thrilled to be out of that evil contraption. I was not that kind of kid that could just lie around all day.

                “Well, I’ve kind of been avoiding him ever since I did that. I’ve succeeded in not seeing him at all!” I said triumphantly. Hell yea; my ninja skills kicked all ass!

                “Kory, you do know you’ve only managed to avoid him because he stayed over a friend’s house last night, right?” Zeke asked, looking extremely amused.

                “…Psh. Of course I knew that. How could I not know that? My ninja skills totally sent him there,” I said with a dismissive hand wave. Okay, so maybe I wasn’t as sneaky as I thought…Zeke didn’t need to know! I would never tell him! MY LIPS WERE SEALED!

                “You didn’t know, huh?” he asked smugly. WILL. NOT. TELL. THE. TRUTH.

                “Yea, I had no clue,” I mumbled. Gosh! Zeke was like a master interrogator or something!

                “That’s what I thought,” he said, leaning back and laughing a little before licking his ice cream more. “Shuddup,” I mumbled and licked my own ice cream.

                “So, do you want hang out at my house when we’re done eating our ice cream?” Zeke asked eagerly after a few minutes of comfortable silence.

                I smiled and shrugged. “Sure!” I said brightly and we finished up our ice cream. We stood up, threw out our napkins, and left the ice cream shop.

                “Trace won’t be there?” I asked cautiously as he began to lead towards wherever he apparently lived.

                Zeke laughed and shook his head. “No Kory; Trace isn’t at my house,” he said, rolling his eyes and playfully shoving me.

                I grabbed his hand and he laughed a little and bent over. I hopped onto his back and he steadied me before walking again.

                “Yay! Zeke you’re the best!” I cheered.

                He blushed slightly before clearing his throat and grinning. “Yea, I know,” he said smugly. I rolled my eyes. “Oh brother,” I grumbled.

                “So do you, like, have a boyfriend?” Zeke asked curiously.

                “No! I’m single and ready to mingle,” I said with a wink. “What about you?”

                He blushed again and shook his head. “No, I’m single,” he mumbled.

                “Aw! A good looking lad like you single? This will not do! Who do you have your eyes on Zeke? I shall help you get them!” I cried in determination.