My...Stepbrother? {28}

***Zeke’s POV***

                Ring, ring.

                “Dad, stop snoring,” I groaned.

                “Zeke, my snoring doesn’t sound like that,” dad called back.

                Ring, ring.

                I pulled a pillow over my head and groaned again as I heard my dad answer the phone. Sweet Jesus, who the hell invented noise? Whoever it was, they deserved to die. I’m pretty sure George Washington invented noise. Or maybe he invented electricity. Wait…

                You know what? I wasn’t planning to be a history teacher anyways.

                “Yep, I’ll put you on the phone with him. He’s still in bed though, so he’ll probably be a little pissy and disoriented,” dad’s voice said, coming up the stairs.

                Oh my god. No, I did NOT want to talk on the phone. Please tell me that there was another man in my house besides me and my dad. Maybe my mom grew a dick overnight or something, I don’t know. I just didn’t want to freaking wake up!

                Dad started shaking me violently. “Zeke, get up. It’s Trace,” he said. I swatted my hand weakly at him. Couldn’t he see I was busy?

                Dad sighed and yanked me up into a sitting position. He grabbed my hand and curled my fingers around the phone, bringing it up to my ear. “Wake up Zeke,” he shouted in my ear. I winced and he smiled and ruffled my hair before leaving my bedroom with a wink. Gah. Jerk.

                “You better be dying, dead, or zombified Trace,” I growled.

                “Shut up Zeke. Kory and I want to hang out with you and Tommy today. A double date kind of thing, I guess,” he said and I imagined him shrugging.

                At the sound of Kory’s name, I instantly brightened. “Sure! I’ll call Tommy. Where do you want to meet up? Oh! How did things with your parents go?” I asked.

                “Pick Tommy up and come to my house. I’ll take us to movies or something. And I’ll tell you everything when we get food, okay? You know Kory. He’ll want food sometime during this date thing,” he said.

                I nodded, smiling a little. “Yea, yea, yea. I’ll call Tommy up and be at your house within a half hour Trace,” I said.

                “Okay,” he grumbled and hung up the phone.

                I rolled my eyes as I set the phone down. “It’s cool Trace. Don’t say goodbye or anything,” I said sarcastically, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes and jumping up.

                I turned on my cell phone and saw I had two missed calls from Trace. He was my best freaking friend. Didn’t he know by now that I did not wake up this freaking early?

                I dialed Tommy’s number and smiled a little when his sleepy voice answered.

                “Hey Zeke. What’s up?” he asked and yawned.

                “Want to go on a double date with Trace and Kory today?” I asked.

                “Sure! Sounds great,” he said.