My...Stepbrother? {21}

I felt Kory go tumbling off of me and, despite the pain, my first instinct was to find Kory and defend him against whatever had just hit me. I could hear Zeke and Sammy shouting, but couldn’t quite make out what they were saying. My head was smarting so damn bad.

                “Kory!” I managed. “Kory are you okay?”

                He was lying partially under me, looking up in terror. I looked up as well and my eyes widened as Roger went to hit me again.

                Kory scrambled out from under me and yanked me out of the way of Roger’s fist. Kory and I got to our feet and stumbled back together.

                “Get away from us!” I snapped, standing in front of Kory to block him.

                “You little shit. I’m going to kill you for doing…that…to my daughter,” Roger snarled, advancing at me and Kory.

                Roger took a swing at me and I let him. If I ducked, he would hit Kory in the face.

                His fist collided with the side of my head and I fell to the ground. “Kory, get out of here!” I snapped as I ducked away from another blow.

                “Roger! Roger get away from my son!” dad screamed furiously, coming out of the front door of the house. “Get away from Trace!”

                Roger hit me in the face and I fell backwards, blood flowing steadily out of my nose now. I brought my sleeve up to catch it, a little dazed.

                Dad tackled Roger and pinned him to the ground. “What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you hitting my son like that?” he screamed.

                “He took my daughter’s virginity! Your worthless, good for nothing excuse of a son fucked my daughter!” Roger cried furiously.

                Dad’s face paled. He stood up and helped Roger up. “Calm down. Get away from my house and my son. If I ever, and I mean EVER, see you anywhere near Trace again, I will fucking kill you. Do you hear me?” he said, his voice deadly calm.

                Roger glared and spit on me. Dad didn’t hesitate to punch him in the face. “I mean it Roger. Get away. I’ll handle my son and you handle your daughter. It’s raining, and I don’t want my boy to get sick out here. So leave, and don’t you come back unless you want me to beat you within an inch of your fucking life you scumbag,” dad said, still calm.

                “You got lucky you sorry fucker. You got so god damn lucky,” Roger hissed before storming away from the house.

                Dad came over and helped me up. He silently led me, Kory, Zeke, and Sammy into the house. He handed me a tissue for my nose and glanced at Kory and my friends.

                “I had suspected that you had Trace. I’m not going to yell and kill you, because that wouldn’t change anything. Instead, you and I are going to have a nice talk about this okay? Right now. Your friends can hang out down here for a little. Let’s go Trace,” dad said, that calm starting to scare me a little.

                He put an arm around my shoulders and led me out of room and up to my bedroom. He gave me a gentle shove towards my bed as he shut my door. He turned to face me and I mentally groaned, realizing how fucked I was as soon as I looked into his eyes.

                                                                                ***Kory’s POV***