My...Stepbrother? {4}

I checked my phone for the time and saw that it was 4.15. I sighed and began to make my way out of the woods on the side of our house. I had decided to do a little exploring there just for the hell of it. It was actually pretty neat. Very relaxing.

                “Oh god!” I cried as I tripped over a branch. I found myself tumbling and rolling down the hill until I crashed at the bottom, right next to a cluster of pricker bushes.

                “I see. Using the force to try to stab me to death. You have much to learn yet, young one, if you think I’ll come that easily!” I cried and pushed myself off the ground. I was dirty and scratched a little, but otherwise uninjured.

                I made my way into the house through the garage door and slid my shoes off. I went into the kitchen and mom stared at me.

                “Either you got mugged, or you went in the woods and got in a fight with a pricker bush. Either way, I don’t want to know. Go hit the shower and get dressed in something nice,” she said and pointed towards the stairs.

                I pouted. “Thank you for caring, mother dearest!” I called in a sing-song voice before making my way upstairs. I grabbed a decent pair of clothes before going into the bathroom.

                I took a quick shower and changed into my clothes, drying and combing my hair before leaving the bathroom.

                I went downstairs and plopped down on the couch, turning on the TV as I waited for the others to get their slow butts downstairs.

                Finally, mom, Brandon, and Trace came downstairs. I turned the TV off and stood up. I followed them out to the entrance way and slid my shoes back on.

                We went outside and I stuck my tongue out at mom’s car as Brandon unlocked his. I got in the back with Trace. I opened my mouth to say hi to Trace, but he shoved his earphones in his ears and abruptly turned to look out the window.

                Fine! I can take a hint. Jerk.

                I put my own earphones in and leaned back against the seat, looking out the window and listening to Drugs by 4Dbling. Stupid, anti-social, serial killer Trace! Was it really that hard to at least try to make small talk with me?

                Sometime later, Brandon pulled into a parking lot and the four of us got out of the car and went inside the restaurant. I looked around, pleased. It was simple, yet fancy. Comfortable, or romantic. To put it simply, it was the bomb-diggity! Yea, I’m cool. I know.

                “Follow me please!” a perky waitress said, coming over to us. We followed her over to a booth and sat down. I sat next to mom and Trace sat across from me, next to Brandon.

                The waitress, I have decided her name is Perky, set down four menus and pulled out a notebook. “Hi! I’m Lauren and I’ll be your server this evening. What can I get you folks to drinks?” she asked brightly. Lauren, Perky…Close enough, right?

                Someone nudged me and I looked up in confusion. “Kory, she asked you what you wanted to drink,” mom whispered. I looked over and saw that Perky was staring in my eyes, waiting for my order. Oh my god it was like she was staring into my soul!

                “Uh…I’ll have Perky. I mean Pepsi! I’ll have Pepsi! Wait… I don’t even like Pepsi…Root Beer! I’ll have a Root Beer,” I said, confusing myself as I spoke.