My...Stepbrother? {5}

Brandon paid for the dinner, thanked Perky, and led us out of the restaurant. We got in the car and drove back to the house in awkwardly tense silence.

                Brandon pulled into the driveway and we all got out and slowly went inside. We took our shoes off and Brandon grabbed Trace’s arm and dragged him into the living room. Mom and I followed nervously.

                “HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT STUFF TO KORY!” Brandon shrieked in Trace’s face.

                Trace rolled his eyes. “Sorry that I’m uncomfortable sleeping across the hall from a stupid cock sucker,” he snapped.

                “Stop it! There is no need to say mean things about Kory like that!” mom said furiously, placing a protective hand on my shoulder.

                “I like dick as in the reproductive organ, not the personality type. So, you’re safe,” I said simply, shrugging.

                “Stupid faggot,” Trace growled. Brandon slapped him so hard that even I winced. Trace glared and rubbed his alarmingly red cheek.

                “Trace! There is nothing wrong with Kory being gay! If you can’t accept it then you can just take your stuff and move into the basement. I will not tolerate you picking on your own stepbrother just because of his sexuality,” Brandon growled.

                Trace snorted and shook his head, glaring at me again. “Leave it to my dad to marry someone with a faggot for a son,” he grumbled.

                Brandon slapped him again and this time I did wince. Man, if that were me, I’d be crying and screaming uncle. But that’s just me I guess.

                Mom was glaring at Trace. “You think my son being gay is disgusting and immature, Trace? Well I think you being a homophobe is disgusting and immature,” she snarled.

                Uh oh. Trace better watch himself. Protective momma was in the house. She would claw his face off and shove it up his ass if he wasn’t careful right now.

                “I have no problem with you. But you brought that stupid, annoying faggot with you, and that I have a problem with,” Trace said flatly.

                He ducked as Brandon moved to hit him again. He glared at all of us calmly, if that was even possible to do. He hooked his thumbs in his pockets and shrugged.

                “Whatever. I guess I’ll just sleep with my door locked. And faggot? As far as I’m concerned, you’re just some piece of shit taking up space in my house,” Trace growled before leaving the living room and going upstairs.

                “So…how about that bread?” I asked casually, just to break the silence that had fallen over the three of us.

                Brandon glanced at me. “Kory, I am so, so sorry. Oh god. I’m so embarrassed. I’m going to kill that stupid bastard. Oh god I can’t believe he just said all of that to you. I couldn’t apologize enough. I’m so sorry!”

                I held my hand up to cut off his babbling and gave him a small smile. I shook my head and shrugged calmly.

                “Brandon, seriously, don’t worry about it. I’m used to dealing with homophobes. It’s perfectly fine. He doesn’t have to like me. I just won’t talk to him. I don’t want us to fight and cause problems,” I said, the small smile staying on my face.