My...Stepbrother? {19}

My eyes cracked open and I looked around the room as light tried to shine through Trace’s curtains. Trace was curled against me comfortably, and Zeke had turned over, our backs resting against each other.

                My hands instantly went to my crotch and I relaxed, relief flooding through me. “YES!” I cheered, fist pumping.

                “Kory, shut up,” Zeke groaned and pulled a pillow over his head.

                “Well someone’s not a morning person,” I said and stuck my tongue out in his direction. I turned and saw Trace staring at me in confusion.

                “What the hell are you cheering for?” he growled, his voice still thick with sleep. He stretched a little and our bodies pressed together. He instantly jerked back and I grabbed his arm to keep him from falling off the bed.

                “I’m cheering because I didn’t have an…I mean, I didn’t have a nightmare,” I said, clearing my throat. Oh jeez. I almost told him the truth. How embarrassing. Then he’d really fall right off the bed.

                “Nightmare. Right,” Trace said, rolling his eyes and putting his head back on his pillow. He looked into my eyes and bit his lip, peeking over me at Zeke.

                “I’m not gay,” he said, barely audible. “I know I’m not. I like girls. But Kory…you…I…” He trailed off and turned to stare at the ceiling.

                “You liked the kiss,” I said, also lowering my voice so that Zeke couldn’t hear me. I could hear soft snores coming from him, but I wanted to be careful anyways.

                Trace nodded slowly, his eyes still fixed on his blank ceiling. “Yea. And that scares me,” he mumbled.

                He turned over on his side and eyed me slowly. He leaned forward and I put my finger against his lips, shaking my head.

                “No. Not until I confess I cheated on Zeke. Sorry Trace,” I said, not meeting his eyes now. I just couldn’t do that to Zeke again.

                Trace nodded in understanding  and laid back down, closing his eyes. “Tell Zeke at his house and then come back here. We need to talk,” he said before falling silent again.

                I waited a few minutes, watching Trace as he fell back asleep. The gentle rise and fall of his chest, his soft breathing, the heat radiating off of him…it was driving me crazy.

                He turned over and our bodies pressed back together. His warm breath was on my arm, and his body spooned perfectly with mine. Oh dear. Kory, we have a little problem…

                Before either of them could wake up and see what Trace had…done to me, I slowly and quietly crawled out of his bed. I made my way to the bathroom and took a cold shower, trying to sort out my thoughts.

                “Gah! Stupid self. Why do you have to get so excited? I hate cold water,” I whined and stuck my tongue out at the shower head.

                I turned the cold water off and stepped out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my lower half. I brushed my teeth quick before leaving the bathroom and quietly slipping into my bedroom.

                I shut the door and locked it before turning and flicking my lights on. “HOLY HEART ATTACK!” I cried and jumped back, slamming my head against the door as Zeke grinned at me from my bed.