My...Stepbrother? {16}

A.N.- Thank you so much to LeahYamaguchi for the idea!! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                “Trace! Where were you?” Brandon demanded as we entered the house.

                “Walking,” Trace said, not even glancing at Brandon as he made his way upstairs. Brandon sighed and watched him walk upstairs before turning to me.

                “Well, alright then?” he said in confusion. I shrugged, not really knowing. My mind was still on that almost kiss.

                Oh man. Oh man, oh man. Did that make me a cheater? Had almost kissing Trace made me a cheater to poor Zeke?

                He didn’t deserve to be cheated on! I really, really did like him a lot. I never wanted to hurt him. I might have technically used him to get my mind off Trace, but I did have feelings for him.

                “Uh, can I take Trace’s soccer ball? I want to go take some practice shots,” I mumbled. Brandon nodded and gave me a concerned look. I hurried outside before he could ask me if I was okay.

                I didn’t know if I was okay. I didn’t want to hurt Zeke, and I had a feeling that I just had. I wanted to be honest and tell him that I had almost kissed Trace, but I couldn’t do that. Trace was my stepbrother! I couldn’t admit to almost kissing him!

                I grabbed his soccer ball and tucked it under my arm before starting to walk. I glanced at the hill and sighed.

                “I blame you,” I mumbled to it miserably as I began to climb up it. “Stupid hill. Making me fall in love with my stupid stepbrother.”

                I stopped walking and my eyes widened. Did I just say fall in love…?

                Oh god no! Trace Saunders was my stepbrother, not some guy I was in love with!

                I shook my head wildly, hoping that the thoughts would just fall out of my ears. I made my way up the hill and all the way to the elementary school. I set the soccer ball down and began to practice shooting, trying to get my mind off of everything.

                “Hey! Who’s this kid?”

                I spun around and faced three guys, all of them with soccer balls tucked under their arms and backpacks slung on their shoulders. They dropped their backpacks and soccer balls and eyed me suspiciously.

                One of them suddenly pointed at me, his eyes wide. “That’s Trace’s stepbrother! The one who turned Zeke into a faggot!” he cried.

                The other two had their eyes go wide as well. “Are you sure Sammy?” one of them asked the guy who was pointing at me.

                Sammy nodded eagerly. “I saw him with Zeke at the ice cream shop the other day! They kissed.” His voice got disgusted and he glared at me and shook his head.

                One of the guys nudged the other and grinned. “Hey Sammy and Greg, what do you say we teach this faggot a lesson for turning Zeke gay?” he said and snickered.

                “I say let’s do it Davey,” Greg said, grinning.

                “I say let’s not do it Davey,” I said, backing away from them nervously. They looked strong, and I wasn't really a fighter.