Ch.1

~joeys POV~

I sit in my music room thinking on what to play. I decide on playing a song I wrote called, "Don't Wait."

Before my mom died of cancer she would sing as I played. I start to tear up but I quickly wipe them away and start playing.

Later in the day I find out I had to go to a funeral. 2 of my dads friends died. My girlfriend Cat really wants to go, so I asked my dad and he didn't really care.

My dad drives. Nicole is sitting in the front seat on her phone. Cat and I are in the back seat staring out the window.

~30 minutes later~

We arrive at the church. My dad is full on crying at this point. I never even met these people. But I still feel bad for their son, Daniel.

I really don't know what happened. Everyone at our school is talking about it, even bought he didn't even go to our school. They said something between these lines, "his dad went crazy after he came out as gay and shot his mom then shot his self."

I felt so bad I started to cry myself. Cat gives me a hug then we sit down. The kid I'm assuming is Daniel, comes and gives a speech

Damn is this speech heart breaking.....

~Daniels POV~

I walk up to the stand with my eyes full of tears. I stare at the smallish crowed and see my mom and dads old best friend, Bob. I smile and wave, he waves back. I see what I think is his son, Joey, we never met before. I honestly I don't know why. I looked at my notes and read what I wrote.

"I'm not going to talk about my Dad, what he did was unforgivable. I'm not going to say I'm glad he is dead, but I'm not morning. What I'm really sad over is my mother. She was the most loving person in the world. She always made me feel better, even when my dad was going crazy, which was quite often. I am so sorry this happened to you. I know it's partially my fault. But I can't help if im fucking gay! I guess that was a reason for my dad to go crazy, again.... If you didn't know my mom saved my life....." I start full on crying at this point. "She doesn't deserve to be dead! She taught me almost everything I know, I am a gentlemen know because of her, I know how to cook, but most of all she taught me how to play music. The only thing keeping me sane at this moment. No I'm not saying I'm going to go crazy, but I am saying I miss my mom very much...." I walk off of the stage crying. My aunt hugs me and kisses my forehead. I cry into her shoulder until the Service is over.

I really don't remember what happened after the my speech. I kinda blacked out. It sucks, I fucking miss her so much, I would give up playing harp forever to see her one more time. I cry even harder.

I wipe them away when I see Joey walking over. He smiles, I give a half hearted smile and he gives me a hug, I hug back. "Hey, we haven't met before but I am very sorry. My mom is dead too, stupid fucking cancer. Anyway, I love music too! Maybe Me You and Cat can play sometime?" Joey says. "Umm sure, here is my number, call me anytime."  "What instrument do you play?" He asks. "Oh yeah I play the harp.. what do you play? And what does cat play?" I ask.   "I play the harp too! And Cat sings." Joey says. "I heard she was your girlfriend! She is really pretty. I'm moving to your school soon. Please keep me being gay on the down low. Also me playing harp, I heard the harp players get picked on." I said.
"Oh, yeah we do get picked on. But I'll help you hide it." Joey says smileing.

Too bad he is straight, he is cute

A\N. hay, I love you <3