Ch. 23

Joeys POV

"I HATE YOU JOEY!" Liza screamed as I walked into mine and Daniels house

J: What the fuck did I do now?!

L: I HAVE A DATE WITH DAVID AND EVERYTHING I WEAR MAKES ME LOOK FAT!

I get out my wallet and throw $100 at her

J: TAKE THE FUCKING MONEY AND BUY NEW COTHES THEN

L: FINE

She walks out of my house and slams the door shut. I sigh to myself and notice that school is starting again tomorrow because a pipe broke and we had a week off.

I put my head in my hands and start to cry. Sometimes crying makes you feel better. Crying is good for you. Or at least that's what my mom said.

There is a knock on my door. I wipe my eyes with my arm and walk over to the door opening it.

J: what the fuck are you doing here?!

I look at my cousin, Angle with a blank face.

Angle: there is something's better to explain in person than over the phone.

I open the door wider to let her in. She walks in and sits on the couch, patting for me to sit down.

A: Well do you remember that you told the hospital to stop calling you about your dad?

J; yeah....

A: well they called me and said he isn't doing so well...

J: and?

A: his leg got infected. He is depressed because everyone hates him because of what he did to you. He tried to hang himself in the bathroom. they don't know if he is going to make it.

I put my head in my hands and start to cry. Angle hugs me.

Daniel walks in the house and sees Angle hug and kiss my forehead

D: WHAT THE HELL JOEY?

I look up and see Daniel.

J: DANIEL SHE IS MY COUSIN.

D: SURE

He storms upstairs and slams the door shut.

J: I really wanna die...

A: joey don't say that...

J: no really... I got my best friend pregnant at a high school party and she is a bitch to me. My dad is dying. And now I have to fight with Daniel

A: I didn't know about you being a dad part. Well you two can settle this and call me of you wanna visit your dad ok.

J: will do...  

I sigh and lock the door. I walk into the kitchen for a glass of water. I see a knife and feel my hand reaching for it. I shake my head and throw my glass of water. I walk backwards tripping on a chair. I hit my back on the marbled island. I groan in pain and look at my wrists. I see all of the pinkish white scars on my arms. Haven't cut in 3 months.... I'm going to try keep that up but I don't know if I can. I pick myself up and pick up some of the glass on the floor and lock myself in the bathroom.

15 minutes later.

I'm sitting on the toilet my wrist with 3 cuts on it

There is a banging on the door... it isn't Daniel or Liza... it's Elena

E: JOEY OPEN THE DOOR!

I snap out of my depressing thoughts and pull my white long sleeve shirt down.