Chapter Twenty-Five

Valentine's Day
Maddie's POV
I've never had a Valentine's Day with a boyfriend but I guess today feels the same as any of the others. I've spoken to Charlie a few times over the last week but it really isn't the same. I miss the way that he smells of fresh apples. I miss his cheeky smile every time he calls me beautiful when he want's something. I miss placing tiny kisses along his jaw line when I want something.
The ring of the door bell brings me out of my thoughts about Charlie. I wonder downstairs to open the door as Dad is at work, Mam is at the gym and Melissa won't come out of her room for anything.
I open the door to a group of 5 boys, all around my age.
"Um..." is all I can get out of my mouth as I stand in shock. All 5 of the boys are holding a single red rose.
"Maddie," one boy says. He's quite tall, not as tall as Charlie though. He had shaggy dark chocolate hair and matching eyes.
"We have a special message for you," he say giving me his rose before walking away from the door.
"You have been invited to join a very special meal," the next one says repeating the action of the boy in front.
"Tonight you have a reservation at Pizza express," the next says, also giving me the rose before walking off.
"At 8 tonight, under the name Jones."
"And dress to impress," the last one gives me the rose and the whole group walk away from the door, leaving me standing there in shock and holding 5 red roses.
**
I walked down to pizza express as it was only around the corner from me. My black heeled ankle boots clicking on the ground the closer I got to the restaurant, speeds up the same as my heart does. Why am I so nervous?
I stop when I reach the door. I look down at my black high waisted skinny jeans, my black shoulder ripped top and the same coat that I wore on Boxing Day. I look back up, catching a glimpse of my appearance. My hair is pulled into a a plait over the top of my head and down my left shoulder. I have a light pink lipstick and simple gold eyeshadow on so I'm not to dolled up but I still look nice.
Cautiously, I walk into the restaurant where I'm met by a waiter who's around 20.
"What's the name miss?" He asks with a smile.
"Jones," I say playing with my nails.
"Ah. Right this way miss," he says leading me to a table in the corner. The table is set up with a single red rose in the middle and a iPad opposite the seat that the waiter pulls out for me. I take the seat, furring my eyebrows as one of the boys from earlier turns on the iPad. I furry my eyebrows, watching him as a FaceTime screen pops up but is quickly followed by a call. A call from Charlie. My heart swells with joy and love for this boy as I accept his call.
"Happy valentines beautiful," he smiles causing me to blush in return.
"Happy valentines Charlie," I smile.
"Did you get the roses this morning?" He asks.
"Yeah I got them. This is so sweet. I can't believe you did all this for me," I say, truly happy for the first time since Charlie left.
"All for the only girl that I love. I'm glad you got the roses. I wasn't sure if the boys would remember them," he chuckles, making me chuckle. "I am the leader of the group so sometimes they need a little more guidance," he tells me.
"What ever you say Jones," I laugh at his mild cockiness.
**
Alex's POV
I sit looking out of the window of my hotel room. Paris really is as beautiful as they say. The Effie tower is lit up, shining above the city. The streets are full of music and love, with red roses scattering across tables and the petals along the paths. I'm in the city of love but I'm anything but in love.
I know that Charlie had planned a loved up night for Mads. Roses, a dinner and making her feel loved even though he's on the other side of the world. I wish I had a guy like that.
There's a guy that I am sort of interesting in but also I'm not really to sure if I really like him in that way or not. It's Sean from Over Atlantic, so it means he's Charlie's friend but does that make it easier or harder for us, me. I want to message him, purely to get to know him, like I do the rest of the band. I already have funny chats with Trevor about random shit like Star Wars but Sean I haven't really spoken to, even though I would like to. I have the same inner battle every time. I create a message to start with but then I chicken out and delete it before I send it.
I pull out my phone, going on to twitter and then to message Sean. What do I say? Do I start with hi? Why is this so hard?
I stare at the screen for a second before I let my fingers type a message.
Me: Hey. I'm Maddie's friend. I just wanted to say hey
I send the message before I can stop myself and I just sit there looking at the message. My stomach is doing summersaults as I look at my stupid message.
After what feels like a lifetime my phone pings with a message. I look at the notifications to see that it's from Sean.