Happy birthday

Katherine's POV

It's Duncan's birthday and everybody is awake and sitting in the living room. Everybody except Duncan, Michael and Ocean that is who are still upstairs, sleeping.

"Do you think their awake yet?" LaToya says, looking at the time. "Maybe I should go and see" I say getting up from my seat. "Don't even think about it" Joesph whispers so not to wake them. "Just a little peek, to check their..."

"No. We have to wait here" he cuts me off. "We need to let them have this moment in private"

"I know" I sigh slightly and sit back down, knowing he's right. As much as we all want to go up there and wish Duncan a happy birthday, Michael and Ocean have been waiting for this moment for 3 years, which is why nobody has gone up to see him yet.

"What's the big deal about them waking up with him on his birthday?" Timmy turns to Janet, comfused. "Because this is the first birthday they've properly had with DJ" Janet explains. "But isn't he 3?" He frowns confused. "Yes, but they lost custody before his 1st and only got to see him for a few hours with a social worker and Ocean's mom and the 2nd one she cancelled their visit so they didn't get to see him at all" she adds and he nods, understandably.

"I think it was disgusting. Denying a mother and father from seeing their own child on his birthday" I scrunch my face, shaking my head. "But, he's here now" Randy cuts in. "That's what's important" he smiles at me through pursed lips and I smile back at him the same way. Then turn and look at the time.

"Why don't we make them some breakbreakfast and get Veah and Princess dressed for them?" Janet suggests. "They'll probably be awake soon"

"Good idea. We need today to go perfect for them" I smile and me Janet and LaToya head to the kitchen to start making breakfast.

"I hope DJ likes the presants I got him? I got him some Lego sets" LaToya says as we're cooking breakfast. "He'll love it. He's always loved his Legos. Your father and I got him one of those PlayStation things and some games. I know he's only 3, but I made sure the games were suitable for him. None of those violent or scary ones" I smile. "What did you and Timmy get him?" LaToya turns to Janet. "I umm... I only got him an outfit. I couldn't really afford anything expensive" she mumbles, looking at the ground. "That's ok. He'll have something nice to wear for his birthday" I reassure her. "I'm gonna save up to get him something better though. I just didn't wanna come and not bring him anything"

"You have a baby on the way. They won't be expecting you to use all your money on their child. You have your own baby to prepare for" I smile. "How are things going with that?" LaToya cuts in. "Do you have everything ready now?"

"Um.. We still have a few things to buy, but we're ok" she shrugs. "Well I still have alot of baby things from when you kids were baby's. I'll get them out for you when we get back" I smile. "Thanks" she smiles back.

I know Janet has told us her and Timmy are doing ok, but after having so many children of my own, I know how expensive preparing for a baby is and even though she doesn't live with us anymore, she's still my daughter and I want to try and help her as much as I can. It still breaks my heart that Joesph kicked her out of the house, but the whole week we've been here, I've seen him trying his best with her and they've started getting along again. I know it's unlikely she'll ever want to come home because she's made it pretty clear to is that she's happy living with Timmy and his family, but I'm really hoping that this week will change things between the two of them. I've missed Janet so much and I just want my family to get along again the way we used to.

I've tried many times to convince Jermaine to come with us this week or even call Michael to try and work things out, but just like Michael he's stobbon and refusing to budge. I may not be able to do anything with the two of them right now, but hopefully this week, I can do something about Janet and Joesph.