2nd chance

Janet's POV

"Your up early" Mother smiles, walking into the living room. "Yeah, I need to go down to the school today about some online classes"

"You look exhausted" she comments "I just had a restless night is all"

"It's probably all the stress. I've told you before. This trial will be over before we know it and Mikey will be coming home and..."

"Will he though?" I cut her off "Of course he will. Your father and I are doing everything we can to get him back for you"

"But no lawyer is wasting their time with our case, not even Jackie or Marlon and their my brothers"

"Marlon's not long since graduated and he probably isn't allowed to take cases just yet"

"And Jackie? He was there for Michael and Ocean during their trials and any other problems they had, but he doesn't give a crap about me" I shrug and she sighs slightly. "Of course he cares, but this is a different situation and it's difficult for all of us and he doesn't want to take sides"

"What's difficult? Michael and Ocean stole my son and I want him back. Sounds pretty simple to me" I shrug. "We're trying our best sweetie, and I promise we're doing everything we can to get him back"

"I need to go get ready" I mutter and turn to leave, buy I'm stopped at the living room door by my dad. "Where you going so early?"

"She's going to the school about some online classes" mother cuts me off before I can speak. "Well hurry up and get dressed and I'll drop you off on the way to work"

"It's fine. I can get the bus or..."

"It's fine. I have to drive past the school on my way anyway" he cuts in and I smile at him through pursed lips and nod, then go up stairs to get ready.

Once I'm ready, I take the sim card Chad sent me and look at the time and it's 9am and I switch it with my sim. I haven't told my parents about the letter and I'm still not even sure what I should do. Apart of me wants to just throw the sim and the letter away, but the other part actually wants to talk to him.

"What times your apointment?" My dad asks as we're driving and I turn to him confused. "At the school? Isn't that why you keep looking at the time"

"Um... They said around 9:30" I lie and he nods. "I'm going to see to see your brother before I go to work"

"So that's why you were leaving so early?" I mutter and he nods. "I understand you were upset yesturday, but we need him and Ocean at your trial"

"For what? They'll probably just tell a whole bunch of lies about me. I don't trust them with anything anymore"

"Of course they won't. Why would they stand up in court and lie and risk a paedophile getting set free? I know what their doing with Mikey is wrong, but they do care about you. They've spent a whole year searching for you"

"I don't see why they even bothered" I mutter. "They've made it pretty clear since I got back that they don't want me around"

"You need them at this trial, Janet"

"What I need is for them to give me my son back" I frown and he sighs slightly. "Once I've dropped you off, I'll go speak to him about everything. Your gonna get your son back one way or another, but right now we need to concentrate on your trial ok?" He asks and I nod, not saying anything.

We get to the school I walk towards the doors then as soon as I see my dad drive away, I walk back out the school yard and round to the park and sit on one of the benches