All grown up

.... 13 years later

Michael's POV

It's official, my baby boys all grown up and is now 18 years old. We've had our ups and downs with our kids over the years especially once they hit their teens, but Ocean and I survived and we couldn't be more proud of how our babies have grown up, but although they've grown there's still parts of them that have never changed and they've always stayed true to themselves.

Princess is still the diva of the family and over the years has really gotten more into acting and singing and has performed for some musicals here in Miami. And she's even gotten and audition coming up for a movie out in Hollywood! And with her beautiful voice there's no way she won't get the part and I know she'll go on to do even greater things. But even though she's building a career for herself, she hasn't let it go to her head like it would for some 16 year olds. She's still remained humble and true to herself and gives half of everything she makes to different charities.

Neveah. Is still the nurturer of the family and loves helping others. At one point she was constantly bringing stray animals home with her, but that's become less over the years and now she spends all her free time helping out local animal rescue centres working closely with abandand and abused animals and is working hard in school to become a vet.

And then we get to Dunken. He's still the brains of the family. Although he may have drove us crazy over the years, but other than that one DUI he got last year, he's never gotten into any serious trouble. Me and him have been working on building our painting and decorating business as well as him keeping up with his studies which has always been our number one priority with our children. Which brings us to this moment.

I'm sat smiling with my two daughters and Ocean by my side as we proudly watch our son on stage as he graduates with honors.

"They've gone again" Veah whispers to Princess, making her giggle. "You'll understand when it's your baby" I sniffle, wiping the tears from my face.

****
Ocean's POV

'We're so proud of you!" I smile, wrapping my arms tightly around DJ and Michael and the girls do the same.

When we get back to the house DJ tries to fight of all the hugs and kisses from kathrine and Janet.

"C'mon guys. Everybody's looking at me" DJ chuckles, shyly.

"That's because we're all so proud of you" I coo and kiss his cheek"

"So what are your plans now your done with school?" Joesph asks. "Well now I'm done with school. Me and my dad are gonna concentrate more on our company. I wanna do more construction work too and..." he pauses and stares out of the window.

"That must be the new neighbour's" I smile, seeing a moving van pull up at the house across the street from us.

"So Jackson and son is going well then?" Joesph asks him. "Yeah. We've been doing really good" Michael smiles "And moms been teaching me how to do the books and..."

"DJ!" Princess yells, cutting him off. "We're starting a team. You coming or what?"  She says holding a baseball bat and ball.

"Umm.. I'll come play later"

"It's fine. We can talk later" I smile and he smiles back and leaves with Princess.

"You two must be so proud" Kathrine smiles and I nod and smile back whilst staring out of the window, watching DJ in the front yard playing with his sisters and cousins.

"I can't believe how fast they've grown" I sigh contently. "I was the same with mine" she smiles back. But no matter how old they get, they'll always be your baby at heart. Especially the boys" she chuckles.

"DJ! Your supposed to throw the ball back!" I hear Princess and I glance back out the window and DJ is on the other side of the street talking to a young girl.

"Awww... How cute" I smile, watching DJ smiling shyly and the young girl who looks to be around DJs age.

"What are we looking at?" Michael smiles walking over, but his mood quickly changes when he sees DJ across the street talking to our new neighbour.

"Oh, hell no!" He snaps and storms off out of the house "What's the matter with him?" I frown confused and watch through the window as Michael rushes over to DJ and Kathrine and Joesph start chuckling to themselves.

"Am I missing something?" I frown even more confused.

"Joesph had the same reaction the day you  and your family moved in next to us" Kathrine chuckles and I turn back to the window and see Michael talking to the young girls mother then turning around and walking back towards the house with DJ.

"Nope. Not gonna happen" by baby's way too smart for all that" I shake my head confidently.

****
9 months later....