Fake?!

Back in the club room later that day, we were all sitting around a table doing our own thing. Kyoya was making calculations and Tamaki had dramatically flopped himself on top of the table. We were having a few spare minutes of peace and quiet before the twins showed up.

"Looking at the numbers, if this situation isn't resolved. I'm afraid we're going to have to stop offering our brotherly love package. We're down one pair of loving brothers," Kyoya stated.

"But you guys, it's more than just the numbers. We are talking about two brothers here. Sure all siblings fight, but not like this. We should do something," I sighed.

"Well, (Y/n), there's no reason for you to feel responsible, even though it was your tactless comment that started the whole feud between them in the first place, right?" Kyoya said.

I shot him a glare, "Gee, thanks Kyoya."

Clearly he blames me for this.

"It's weird for Hika-chan and Kao-chan to be fighting like this," Honey said, "It's never happened before."

"They've never fought before?" I asked.

"I've known Hika-chan and Kao-chan since we were in pre-school. We weren't in the same year, so I never really got to talk to them, but I remember that they two of them always played together."

Tamaki raised his head off the table, "Yeah, that's true. I mean, I've only known the twins since we were in middle school, but they definitely stood out. It seemed like they kept everyone at a distance except each other. Believe it or not, they were even more warped back then. When you stop and think about it, maybe this fight is a good thing for them. Maybe it means the twins are expanding their horizons a bit. We should just leave them alone and let them work it out."

Who knows? Maybe it is a turn for the better. But if this really is their first fight, they probably need someone to tell them when it's time to give in and call it quits. And if they've never fought before, would they even know how to make up?

***

The next day we didn't hold club activities. The twins were at it again, throwing everything in the club room at each other.

Tamaki sighed, "Don't you guys think that maybe, it's time you give up all this fighting? It's driving me insane!"

Well, so much for leaving them to work it out.

Hikaru snapped a glare at Tamaki, "What'd you say? It's driving you insane? You've got to be kidding me-how do you think I feel right now?! Every time I look in the mirror I see this face," he turned back towards his brother, "I'm sick and tired of constantly being mistaken for you, Kaoru! The truth is I hate your guts!" He yelled.

"You took the words right out of my mouth. In fact, I hate you so much I bought this." Kaoru reached into his suit jacket and pulled out a wooden, cat looking, thing, "Belzenef, the curse doll!"

Tamaki gasped and clung onto my arm in fear. Belzenef the what doll?

"I'm going to complete the curse, Hikaru. I'm going to write you name on his back. From this day forward you're going to experience nothing but misfortune and sorrow!" Kaoru yelled, pulling out a marker and writing on the back of the doll.

Okay, this is where I draw the line!

I ran over to the twins and punched both of them in the head, "Will you guys knock it off?!" I grabbed the doll from Kaoru, "What do you think you're doing?! You don't bring something like this into a petty fight! Both of you are at fault here but what's really sad is that you've brought everyone else around you into your big mess!"

I grabbed their collars and brought them close to my face, "Now apologize to each other! If you don't make up right now, I'm never going to let you come over to my house! Have I made myself clear?!" I yelled at them. I dropped them to the floor and took at few deep breaths, waiting for their answer.

They smirked, "So then what you're saying (Y/n) is that if we make up, we can come over to your place?" they said in unison.

What?

They wrapped their arms around each other and smirked. I looked down at the doll in my hands, I turned it around and saw the word "blank" written on it.

My eyes widened and I screamed. It was fake! The whole thing was staged!

They wrapped themselves in each other's arms and apologized over and over again to each other.

The doll in my hands slipped out of my grip and fell to the floor. Then I fell to my knees, along with Tamaki.

"You've gotta be kidding! You mean you guys were faking it this whole time?!" Honey yelled.

"We didn't have anything else to do, we were bored!" the twins said.

They totally fooled me.

Tamaki slowly lifted his head off the ground, "Twins with too much time on their hands...are the devil."

I fully collapsed to the floor and groaned. Why me? What did I do to deserve this cruel punishment? WHY?

***

The next day the club was open again and everyone had gathered around the, now made up, twins.

"Okay, it's time to play the "which on is Hikaru" game!" the twins shouted.

"I know! The twin with the pink hair is Hikaru!" One of the girls said.

"We have a winner!"

"So are you two going to keep your wild hair color? It's much easier to tell the two of you apart now." Another girl said.

I smirked as I walked past, "No, it isn't."

The twins looked at me confused. I turned around and gave them a smug smile. "Today the pink one is Kaoru and Hikaru is the blue one. You swapped color for the day, huh?"

They didn't reply, but I knew I was right. I turned on my heel and kept walking, I could feel their eyes on the back of my head.

Check and mate.