The Refreshing Contest

The Theater of Tamaki's Mind:

Tamaki laid in his bed, fast asleep in the amazing bed-and-breakfast he was spending his summer in. A soft knock at the door awoke him from his pleasant slumber. He sat up and looked over at the door. It opened, revealing the only person he wanted to wake up to.

"Rise and shine, my sleepy-headed Tamaki. (Y/n) has made a special breakfast just for you." She said happily. She walked over and set the tray of food on the table beside the bed.

"Oh, how lovely," he stood up and placed his hand under her chin. "Come sit with me. Stay a while."

"No, I can't," she whipped around, turning her back to him. "I'm an employee here and you're one of our honored guests, it's not allowed."

"But who's to find out, if it's only the two of us?" He walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her onto his lap as he sat down on the bed. "Stay here with me and silly rules will no longer matter." He nuzzled into the nape of her neck.

"Tamaki," she sighed.

End of Daydream

"Uh, Tamaki? Hello?" (Y/n) said trying to get her friend's attention.

He was lost in the desires of his own mind. (Y/n) rolled her eyes and took the others inside to talk to Misuzu about all of them staying at the pension.

"I'm so sorry, boys. I'd love to have you all as guests, but I'm afraid there's only one vacant room left." Misuzu informed them.

"Only one room, you say. Well, that settles it. I'll have to stay here to represent the club." Tamaki said.

"Hey! That isn't fair!" Honey complained.

"Have you no feeling of loyalty? Of any solidarity, boss? Togetherness is out guiding principle." The twins smirked.

Tamaki gasped and slumped his shoulders, "My own words twisted and thrown right back in my face."

"Here's an idea. We bet you'll like it," the twins sneered. "Why not hold a little competition? Call it "the guest relations odd-jobs contest at Pension Misuzu". It's very simple, we all just lend a hand around the place for the afternoon. And whoever makes the best impression on Misuzu-chi gets to sleep in the vacant guest bedroom."

"That's brilliant!" Misuzu shouted, "I think it is an absolutely delightful idea! The winner of the contest will be determined by how refreshing they are! Remember: refreshing is the name of the game in guest- relations! Now, don't think this is going to be a walk in the park! Cause I'm planning on working you boys to the bone!"

(Y/n) groaned and lowered her head. "Sounds like a blast," she groaned sarcastically.

***

For the rest of the day, Misuzu was running around the pension, checking up on the boys. He had put them all on different jobs. He explained to (Y/n) how the refreshing contest was going to make his pension the eye-candy of Karuizawa.

She made her way outside and found Kyoya sitting at a table, drinking tea. She walked over to him, while thinking to herself.

Why does it always end up feeling like I bring the Host Club with me wherever I go? These guys were my friends, but that mean I have to take them EVERYWHERE?

"Kyoya, you're keeping your distance from all this." She said.

"Of course. Winning means I'd end up staying here alone, which frankly doesn't appeal to me. I'll just sit back and watch things unfold, then head for the cottage."