Happily Ever After

We raced down the path Mori told us to take. Hikaru was pushing the horses to go as fast as they could.

"Hikaru! Don't you think we should slow down? Somebody could get hurt!" Kaoru shouted.

"We're not slowing down until we get the boss back!" Hikaru shouted back.

"But Hikaru!" his brother protested.

"If it wasn't for Tamaki, the two of us would still only be lost souls! We were able to become friends with (Y/n) and the others because the Host Club brought us together! To think it would all end suddenly like this, is something that I can't tolerate!" He yelled.

The carriage hit a bump in the road and flew into the air. Kaoru grabbed onto me and kept me safe, but Hikaru wasn't so lucky. He flew out of the carriage and landed on the side of the road.

The carriage came crashing to the ground and the horses completely stopped. "No, Hikaru!" Kaoru yelled. He leaped off the carriage and raced toward his brother.

"Hikaru, are you okay? Is your arm hurting you?" Hikaru clutched his right arm and relaxed into his brother's hold. "This can't be the end, boss. It's just not fair. The Host Club is the only thing that made us happy."

I watch the two brothers. My mind raced a thousand miles an hour, but everything was pointing towards one thing: This was not over.

I ripped off my dress, leaving me in just an under-dress and jumped to the front of the carriage. I gripped the reins and whipped them hard. "Hyah!" The horses took off at the same speed we were racing at.

I pushed them and pushed them until I could see the red car below me on the road. I kept going until the path ended, then the horses jumped from the path and flew into the air, landing just behind the car with a huge thud.

Tamaki turned around and widened his eyes at the sight of me, "(Y/n)?! What are you doing?! This is dangerous! Stop that carriage now!"

"Tamaki! Please come back to Ouran!" I yelled at him.

"I mean it! Stop the carriage!" He shouted.

"All of us would be completely lost without you, Tamaki!"

"But they--They all said they were put out by the Host Club."

"You really are an idiot! What's wrong with you?! After all this time we've been together, you still can't tell when we're joking and when we're serious?!"

His eyes widened even more.

"Everyone loves being in the Host Club! We really do! Even me, Tamaki!" I let go of one of the reins and reached out my hand to him. "I love being part of the Host Club too! I have for a long time!"

He stared at me in disbelief and slowly reached for my hand, but Eclair stopped him.

The horses started to bump together; the loud sound of cracking wood filled the air. The carriage was starting to break apart. It rammed against the railing of the bride, sending me flying off the carriage and plummeting to the water below.

"(Y/n)!" Tamaki yelled. I saw Eclair let go of his arm before he jumped off the car and followed me down towards the water.

"(Y/n)!" He yelled, more desperately than I had ever heard him. "Tamaki!" I yelled with equal desperation.

We reached for each other until Tamaki caught my hand. He wrapped one arm around my waist and brought me close to him. He smiled at me then brought his hand up to my head and hugged me close. I hugged him back and closed my eyes just as we hit the water.

***

Tamaki carried me out of the water once it was shallow enough to walk through. "That was reckless, (Y/n). You have to be more careful. Look at you, you're soaking wet."

"A little water never hurt anyone," I said as he set me down, "besides, people are always telling me that I'm dripping with good looks."

Tamaki smiled at his words being used from the first time we connected. I didn't hesitate to throw my arms around his neck and hug him tightly. He chuckled softly and hugged me back.

"Don't ever leave us again Tamaki. We love you too much to lose you. I--I love you too much to lose you." I felt tears start to run down my cheeks.

He tightened his grip around me, "I promise, I will never leave you again."

We stayed like that for several minutes before we heard voices shout, "Tama-chan! (Y/n)-chan!" and "Boss!"

I let Tamaki go and saw the other Host Club members running towards us. I smiled up at Tamaki and he smiled back, tears were now rolling down his cheeks.

I reached up my hand and wiped them away, "Don't cry Tamaki, you are too beautiful to cry."

That, however, only made him cry more.

***

After that, we returned to the fair and danced the night away. I danced with every club member, even Kyoya. After I danced with him, he shoved me over to where Tamaki was standing. He bowed to me and held out his hand; I gladly took it and he swept me off my feet.

We danced perfectly with each other, not even worrying about messing up or the people watching us. As I looked into his perfect eyes, I couldn't deny it any longer. I had fallen for the King of Ouran, one of the most popular boys in the school, and my very best friend.

We stopped in the middle of the dance floor and just stared at each other, until we heard fireworks go off from behind the school. We turned and watched the amazing show, the other members came over and joined us.

Tamaki took my hand and leaned down to kiss my cheek. I turned red and looked up at him, but then I smirked.

"You missed."

He looked rather confused, "What?"

"You missed," I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck. I leaned in and kissed Tamaki's warm lips. I kissed him and the world fell away. It was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be. He lifted his hand to rest just below my ear, his thumb caressed my cheek as our breaths mingled. He ran his other arm down my back, pulling me closer to him until there was no space left between us and I could feel the rapid beating of his heart against my chest.

A kiss like this was a beginning, a promise of much more to come.

Don't you dare stop reading because it's not over yet