Saving Honey

We were trudging through the jungle, still trying to find Honey. Kyoya had shown us a map of the whole place and told us the direction we needed to go.

I was so caught up in finding Honey that I forgot to grab my pullover before we left, so I was just as exposed as the rest of them. I was just praying that I wasn't getting a sunburn.

"Wow, this place is just like a real jungle, huh?" Tamaki said.

"Yeah and I keep hearing all of these really strange animal calls." I said.

"You don't think that all those animal sounds could belong to the real thing, do you?" the twins asked.

"To be honest, I'm not sure, but I do know that my family always strives for authenticity, whatever the cost." Kyoya stated.

I looked over at Mori. He is always so straight-faced, I can never tell what he's thinking. But even though he's doing a good job of staying calm, I'm sure he's worried.

The sky all the sudden started getting dark. "Uh-oh, it's about time for the squall." Kyoya said.

The what?

I few drops of water hit the top of my head, then it started pouring. We kept walking till we found a pavilion type thing to stand under.

"Hey, Mori-senpai. You seem to be really close with Honey-senpai, are the two of you, like, childhood friends?" I asked him.

"You mean, you don't know that they're cousins?" the twins asked.

"Really? They're related?"

"The Morinozukas have been serving the Haninozuka family for generations. However, two generations ago, the families became relatives by marriage and the master-servant relationship soon became a thing of the past. But even so, Mori-senpai has always made a point to accompany Honey-senpai." Kyoya explained.

"It must really get his blood going. The blood of a loyal servant flows like a mighty river through Mori-senpai's veins," Tamaki said.

I'm not sure I understand all this blood and loyalty business, but it's obvious that Mori-senpai thinks an awful lot of Honey-senpai.

I walked over to Mori and placed my hand on his arm, "Hey, Mori-senpai, it's gonna be alright. I'm sure that Honey-senpai is safe. He's a lot tougher than you might think he is, and if he gets hungry the trees are full of bananas."

Mori smiled at me and placed his hand on top of my head, "You're right."

Tamaki gasped, "Don't tell me Mori-senpai is out for my spot as (Y/n)'s daddy!"

"Nobody wants that spot but you, boss." Hikaru said.

"That's kind of creepy when you think about it," Kaoru added.

Soon after, the rain stopped and I saw Mori sneak away. I followed him and realized he was going the opposite way that Kyoya said Honey would be.

"Mori-senpai, you're going the wrong way! Honey-senpai was headed in the opposite direction!"

"You're wrong, he went this way," he stated as he ventured farther into the jungle.

I started running after him, "Hey, wait up! It's too dangerous to go alone! I'm coming with you."

I was catching up to him when I totally biffed it and plummeted to the ground. I groaned and looked at my knee, it was all scraped up now.

"(Y/n)" I heard Mori say. He walked over to me and picked me up with one arm, then continued onward. I was surprised by his actions, but gratefully accepted his help.