Chapter 9...

Megan's POV:

"So when we came back to our dorm, I got a message from my dad, updating me on my mam because she just went.....into ...erm...surgery because she has....um...b-breast cancer..." Jack cried. He was currently explaining to me why he blow up on me the other day.

I could see the tears in his eyes that he tried to hold back but one slipped down his cheek and he moved it away just as fast.

I decided that he didn't have to tell me anymore because I know how hard it is to explain this to someone.

When I told Beth about my dad having lung cancer 3 years ago. It was the hardest thing. There is just no easy way to say it. No words can describe how hard it is to tell someone, who you are close with, about your old man dying.

He did die.

27 months ago.

8 months of battling and fighting to survive and he didn't even get to see me graduate.

Just thinking about it now made my vision blurry. "It's okay, you don't have to explain! I know what your going through! It's the hardest thing!" I tried to persuade him. He just shakes his head and more tears came out of his eyes.

It looks like he needs a good cry.

And when someone needs a good cry - you need a good hug to go with it.

So that's what I'll do.

I move closer to Jack and put my arms around his neck bringing him into a long hug. He puts his big strong arms around my waist and brings me even closer so I'm sat on his lap.

We just sit and cry on each others shoulders until we fall asleep.

Me being on top of him, might I add.

But for some reason I liked it.

It felt right being in his arms. In his warm, safe arms.

Maybe, just maybe I do like him.

'Like him? Pfftt.... you love him' My conscience said.

Shut up! Let me enjoy this moment!

'Oooooo you didn't deny it'

Let me sleep!

--____--___--

Jack's POV:

I woke up to Megs asleep on my chest on the sofa. I just wanted to savor this moment forever because she looked so peaceful and happy.

Not saying that I make her happy or whatever!

She was so understanding of my family issues last night.

'Don't worry I know what your going through'

Does she know what im going through?

Or did she say that to make me feel better?

She soon woke up and all the thoughts in my head wanted to ask her.

I'm very curious now.

"Hey" Megan smiled at me in her morning voice, looking up at me from my chest.

Even with her hair all over the place she still looked as beautiful as ever.

"Hey! Are you okay? What do you want for breakfast?" I reply. I'm being a gentleman really early in the morning and it's hurting my head.

"I'm fine and not hungry, just tired!" She yawned and closed her eyes and went into our original position and her grip on my torso tightened as if she was giving me a hug.

I held her closer as tightly as possible and didn't want to let her go.

But of course....

My curious mind wanted answers to its curious questions.

"So....em....last night you said you knew what I'm going through what d-did you....um..... mean by that?" I stutter.

Stupid curious mind.

She looked up at me than sighed and looked back down. "My dad had cancer. Lung cancer...." She explained everything to me.

Why did you have to ask her?

In the end she had a tear stained face and I didn't want her to look like that anymore so I pulled her in to another long hug.

I could just stay in our deep hugs forever.

I ignored the zoo in my stomach and stroked her hair just like she did with me last night.

This girl is amazing.

_____________________________________________
Ooooooo they like each other!

Will update soon.

If your going through a hard time right now, just remember that everything happens for a reason and to always think positive. We got to stay happy in life even at the hardest of times because we only have one life. Yolo.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

~Frazzle