Chapter 38

Josie's POV

I told Mark a month ago that I want to break off the engagement after the incident.

Men are so difficult and annoying to deal with like why can't he understand that maybe, just maybe, I'm not into players and I don't just go sleeping around with whatever hot guy takes an interest in me for the sake of feeling good?

Sleeping with multiple men makes me feel guilty, like it's wrong and shouldn't be done which I guess are really the morals I grew up following and abiding by.

Are rich men just into women for one reason? I know the typical, stereotype "guys in high school are only interested in girls for sex" but not all guys are like that, at least not in my opinion.

How hard is it to find "the one", though? Sometimes I wonder if my true love is right in plain sight, someone I've already met. They do say opposites attract....

Anyways after telling Mark that I wanted to break off the engagement, he's been avoiding me like the plague. I didn't really mind it that much. Okay maybe that's partially a lie. It's not that I don't miss him it's just that I'm mad and angry at him for trying to rape me, I mean I could be overreacting but I don't think I am personally.

I went back to working at Brandon's company and it's been interesting. I met some new friends named Zak, Cara and Jamie. I haven't dated since I broke off the engagement with Mark, I just need time to get over him before dating someone else or starting a new relationship. Brandon has been acting strangely though.

Zak has a habit of teasingly, slapping my butt when I walk by his work space and when I look over at Brandon's office, he will be practically death-glaring Zak. Plus he practically won't let me leave the building on my own or go to a different floor without his permission or him watching.

Why can't love lives be easy and uncomplicated?