Chapter 54

Mark's POV

After the whole incident went down with me trying to get Josie back and Brandon having none of it, Cara fixed me up and the chemistry between us was undeniable. I realized I'm not over her and we broke up because of my work but things have changed.

I'm introducing Cara to my mom instead of Josie, hopefully it'll all go well. She's not my fiancé but she is pregnant. We are back together, Cara decided to give me another chance after a lot of convincing and some steamy make outs.

Flashback

"Cara be mine again."

"I can't."

"No buts, you're mine."

She sobbed as I wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her into me.

"Mark I don't know if I can do this again, plus are you really over that other girl? I don't want to be a replacement for someone you're in love with. If were going to do this, me and the baby have to be the only ones you love." Cara looks into my eyes with her stunning chocolate brown ones.

"Cara, you're the only one for me, the other girl is taken and I'm not over you, let's give us another chance, I promise I can make you the happiest girl in the world.

"Fine, one chance but if it doesn't work out this time I'm not giving a third chance." She looks at me sternly.

"Deal."  I agree. She finishes cleaning up my nose and we negotiate the terms of introducing her to my mom. Since we're not engaged I said I'd give her a promise ring and tell my mom it's an engagement ring.

The next day we got ready to go to my moms house for the big introduction.

Once were dressed we get into my Ferrari and drive to my mom's. We pull up in front of the mansion, the guards unlock the gates, allowing us in. Before we can even reach the front door, my mom comes out and tackles Cara into a hug.

"You must be my son's lovely fiance' Josie." My mom beams with happiness.

Cara smiles at her but her face falls at being called Josie.

"Mom I think you must have heard wrong, my fiance's name is Cara not Josie." I try to lie and make it sound believable.

My mom gives me a strange look before shaking her head and laughing, "Oh I'm sorry my dear, I must have gotten confused."

"I'm Nicola, it's lovely to meet you Cara."

"Thank you, Nicola its lovely to meet you." Cara smiles and pecks my mom on the cheek. Damn she's confident.

End of flashback

_________________________

Cara's POV

When Mark showed up at my door with a gory nose, I can't help but admire how handsome I thought he was even with blood running out of his nose, he was still all I ever wanted. But I'm pregnant and he wouldn't want me like that, it's not his.

After he came in and I cleaned him up, he told me about how he realized he didn't have feelings for that girl, but was he telling the truth, I don't want to be the 'other' girl. Once he finally convinced me to give us a second chance. Don't get me wrong, I want to be with him just in my lifetime, I experienced that being a spy wasn't easy, someone's always watching your back or turning you against your loved ones. It makes you realize you need to be able to hold your own ground, support and defend yourself.

When I met Brandon's mom she called me Josie and I know he told her his fiance's name was Josie but that got to be, I really don't want to be his side girl.

As long as Mark and I are back together, that other girl Josie needs to be out of the way for good.