Chapter 40

Josie's POV

I've been ignoring Mark for about the past month, I found out I wasn't pregnant with his child so there's nothing he can hold against me.  I didn't tell him because knowing him he would likely over react or try something to get me pregnant once again.

I reported the rape to the police and I have to go to court about it since you can't reason with an unruly man who wants to get his own way on everything.

I still have the ring but I put it in my room and no longer wear it, he may think we still have a chance but there's no way I'm getting back with him he's too much.

I've decided not to date for a while guys are to overwhelming and in my opinion it's better to focus on work, priorities and friends.

I keep playing Brandon's proposal and confession over in my head, he's always been one that's able to draw me in and make me curious and want to know more but I don't want to open the opportunity to getting my heart broken again it's too many emotions.

___________________________
I'm laying in bed thinking about everything going on when my friends come to wake me up.

"Get up sleepy head."

"You have work in like an hour."

I groan and grab my phone off my nightstand, checking my notifications.

I open Snapchat to see that Zak had snapped me a picture of his abs and nerdy glasses on asking if he was a hot nerd.

I giggled and snapped back a selfie with the caption "of course you will always be my hot nerd."

I set my phone down and go into the bathroom to quickly get ready for work.

I put on a white v neck t shirt with a black blazer, navy blue jeans and some heels.

I straighten out my hair with my straightening iron, fill in my brows and apply mascara before opening Snapchat to go take a mirror selfie to send to Zak for outfit approval.

Once I take the picture, I go to send it to Zak but realize someone new added me.

I look to see who it is to find that Brandon added me.

I roll my eyes and go back to my list of friends I have been snapping. Realizing I sent Brandon the snap instead of Zak I suddenly felt really embarrassed. Before I had the chance to say anything about it, Brandon snaps back a selfie of him smirking with the caption "looking smoking hot 😏". I quickly close the app and turn off my phone.

I come out of the bathroom and my room to the living room for some breakfast and a smoothie before making my journey to work where I will likely be very embarrassed and blushing for the next hour once I see my boss.

_____________________________

Hey it's the author. Hope you all like the story it's been interesting to write with all the ideas I get and putting them into the story.

Should I update the cover page for the possessive billionaires true love?