~50~

In the morning, when Pete and Patrick woke up, Pete took it upon himself to make the two of them some breakfast.

It was super early in the morning, and Patrick took a nervous deep breath when Pete was going through the pantry, trying to find something to make for breakfast.

"A-Are y-you allowed t-to do t-that?" He whispered.

"Uh huh! Do you want lucky charms or cornflakes?"

Patrick pointed hesitantly to the lucky charms box and Pete grinned. "Awesome. Can you get the milk out of the fridge for me?"

Patrick fetched the milk and within a matter of minutes, they both sat down at the kitchen table with their bowls of cereal. Pete made the meal extra fancy with 2 glasses of the orange juice that was in the fridge.

"T-Thanks P-Pete."

"No problems Patrick." Pete smiled. "Do you wanna be friends now?"

"Hmm?"

"Friends. You and me. We can be best friends forever!"

"B-But you d-don't like m-me..."

"Nuh uh! I like you lots!" Pete told him firmly. "I really wanna be friends. I'm so sorry I was so mean to you Patty. It wasn't fair and I was just a big meanie pants for a reall long time. I was just a meanie and an idiot and a..." He racked his brain for other terms to use. "...fucking useless slut whore."

Patrick whimpered and hid under the table.

"S-Sorry..." Pete stammered. He was just trying to use words that Patrick knew so he could understand how sorry he was.

"D-Don't u-use those w-words.' Patrick whispered. "T-They're b-bad and i-if you a-are them then D-Daddy will d-do bad t-things to y-you."

"W-What kind of bad things?" Pete asked.

Patrick started crying. Pete's Mom came downstairs and encased him in a warm, protective hug.

This was not what Pete had planned.

When Patrick calmed down, Pete asked again. "D-Do you wanna be my friend Pat?"

Patrick sniffled and nodded. "B-Best friends forever."

Aaaaaaand that's the last chapter of Troubled Soul!

Thanks so much for reading. Writing this story has been so fun for me, and I'm so glad that you guys enjoyed it too. To wrap things up, along with announcing the winners of the art contest, I'm going to do a character Q&A to allow you guys to get any burning questions out of your system.  Basically, you can ask a question of any character, and I'll put the answers up on the 1st of May along with the contest winners, and the epilogue for this story.

If you're on a mobile device, it would be really helpful if you could inline comment your questions on these character names. :)

Pete

Andrew

Hillary

Pete's Mom

Pete's Dad

Andy

Andy's Mom

Joe

Dr Urie

Patrick

Any Others that I haven't mentioned.

Me (The Author)

Thank you so much for all of your support through this story, and I'll see you all soon.

Stay awesome,

~Zoe