~40~

It was official. The Wentz family was not having a Christmas.

They were having a 'special day' instead, where they'd share gifts, eat yummy food and sing songs.

It was basically Christmas without the title, decorations or Santa.

Pete was not happy, for obvious reasons. Christmas was his favourite time of year.

And it had all been ruined by one person.

Patrick.

And so, Pete was looking for ways to get back at him. For example, tripping him over. Hiding his things on Patrick's side of the room and accusing him of stealing. Hiding his fake leg so he couldn't get out of bed in the morning. Pete's Mom got really mad at him when he did that, but Pete didn't care.

Patrick had ruined his most favourite thing in the world. So Pete had decided to make his life a living hell.

He put bugs in Patrick's bed, and was constantly reading over the folder that he's stolen to see more ways to get back at him. He'd learned a lot, like Patrick had a terrible phobia of cats, so Pete spent his pocket money on cat posters to decorate their room.

Pete had seen that the effects were working, too. Patrick seemed a lot more nervous, a lot quieter, a lot more compliant to what Pete told him to do. Pete's Mom had told him that Patrick's 'anxiety' was getting worse, and Pete needed to be nicer to him.

Pete blantantly ignored that and went back to the folder to find more ways to get back at Patrick for Christmas.

He'd learnt that Patrick had something called 'self-confidence problems'. The piece of paper in the folder that said that was signed by Dr Urie. It was written that Patrick wouldn't wear shorts because he was scared of people seeing his fake leg.

So when Patrick was asleep, Pete went into both of their drawers and hid all of the long pants in a big box in the back of the cupboard downstairs.

The next morning, Pete was up first, so naturally, he was sitting downstairs watching cartoons with Andrew and Hillary. Patrick was upstairs, and about an hour later, Pete heard him start crying.

Pete smiled. His plan had succeeded.

Pete's Mom and Dad ran upstairs, and Pete pretended to be as innocent as possible.

He could hear the conversation from the hallway.

"They must all be dirty Pattycakes, but that's okay, nobody's going to judge you. You're safe." Pete's Mom tried to calm him down.

"See, look, these pants have a lightening bolt on them! Isn't that super cool?!" She tried to coax when that didn't work.

In the end, Patrick clung to Pete's Mom as she carried him downstairs, crying the whole way.

Pete just smiled, leaned back, and watched the cartoons without a care in the world.