~21~

"Guess what I found out today boys!" Pete's Dad exclaimed at dinner.

Pete grinned. "What?!"

"There's a monster truck show coming to town! And I got three tickets!"

"Three?"

Pete's Dad patted Patrick's shoulder. "Me, you and Patrick! It's going to be the best! And even better, Andy's coming!"

Pete nodded unsurely.

"Anyway, are you ready for baseball?"

Pete's junior league baseball team had their first meet the next day. Pete thought he was a pretty good baseballer, plus he had a chance to do something that Patrick would definitely not be doing.

Pete grinned. "Yep! Are you gonna come to watch Dad?"

He nodded. "Yep. And the whole family is coming to the games this year!"

Pete grinned. "Awesome."

The family ate their dinner before sitting in the lounge room to watch some cartoons before bed. However, when Pete's Mom turned the TV on, it flicked to the news. Patrick, sitting on the floor as usual, immediately because indulged in it.

Pete's Mom quickly changed the channel.

"P-Put it back!" Patrick panicked.

"No, Patty, we're just going to to watch some cartoons, okay?"

Patrick shook his head. "P-Put it back!!"

Pete's Mom and Dad exchanged a glance.

"No, Patrick." Pete's Dad said firmly.

Patrick burst into tears and Pete rolled his eyes.

Pete's Mom sighed and lifted him into her arms. "It's okay Patty. It's okay. We'll watch it some other time, okay?"

He nervously nodded and snuggled into her embrace.

Pete's Mom sat back down on the couch with Patrick on her lap to watch the cartoons. It annoyed Pete for reasons that he couldn't explain.