~11~

The next day was Sunday and Pete's Dad had taken Pete and Hillary to get some new furniture for Patrick so that Patrick wouldn't have to share the bunk bed with Pete anymore.

"Now, let's find some nice furniture, okay? Nothing too big, or else it won't fit in the room." Pete's Dad briefed. "We need a bed, a closet and a nightstand if we can find one."

Pete didn't want to be at Ikea. He wanted to be at the park with Andy. But apparently because Patrick was having a 'really bad day', he needed to come so Patrick could stay home by himself.

Now Patrick was taking up Pete's free time too.

Pete added it to the list of reasons that Patrick was weird.

"When do we get meatballs Daddy?" Hillary asked impatiently.

"When we finish shopping Hill'."

She pouted but continued following her older brother.

"Damn this map." Pete's Dad muttered as he looked for the children's furniture section.

Pete thought Ikea was far too big.

"Found it!" Pete's Dad cheered. "Okay kids, follow me."

Pete followed his Dad through the seemingly endless maze until they reached children's furniture. They walked around all the beds, inspecting each one closely.

"This one Daddy!" Hillary grinned, pointing to a pink bed with flowers.

"No, we're looking for Patrick, Hill'. What one do you think Patrick would like?"

Pete shrugged and pointed to a plain, wire framed bed. The cheapest one there.

"We're looking for some nice furniture Peter, see if you can find something that you want."

Pete walked through the isles, inspecting all the bed frames. Eventually he came across a white one with blue drawers underneath. He liked it because not only did it feature his favourite colour, it had a tent thing over the top. Pete liked cubby houses, and this was like sleeping in one.

"This is nice." Pete's Dad said as he approached the bed.

Pete nodded. "Can I get this one?"

"We're shopping for Patrick, Peter."

"But this is so cool! What if I get this bed, and Patrick gets my old bed?"

Pete's Dad shook his head. "No, Peter."

"What about the top tent thing? Can I get one of those? It's so cool!"

"Well, I don't think Patrick wants the tent thing, so if it comes with the bed, then sure, you can have it. But if it costs extra, no."

Pete frowned. "Fine."

The three walked through Ikea and chose the rest of the furniture for Patrick. After a meal of swedish meatballs, they loaded the flat packs into the car and drove back to the house.

When they arrived home, Patrick was sitting on the floor in the lounge watching TV. Pete sat down on the couch, expecting to see cartoons, but for some strange reason, Patrick was watching the news.

Pete reached for the remote and switched it. Patrick's face fell.

"C-Change it b-back!" He panicked, tapping the screen with his fingers. "C-Change it B-Back!"

Pete was confused. "But this is so much better!"

Patrick turned to face Pete. "C-Change it back! P-Please!" He pleaded.

"Mommy!" Pete called, a little confused.

Pete's Mom walked in the room. "What's going on?"

"I put some cartoons on and then Patrick started freaking out. And he put his fingers on the screen and Dad's gonna get really mad!"

Pete's Mom bent down next to Patrick. "Is that true?"

Pete frowned when his Mom didn't believe him.

"Y-Yeah..." He murmured. "A-And he w-won't put the n-news back on."

Pete's Mom grimaced. "Patty, um, why don't you come upstairs? Peter's helping to put your new bed together. Do you want to come and help?"

"B-But the n-news..."

"We'll watch the news later, okay?"

Patrick nodded uncertainly and Pete's Mom helped him to his feet before leading him out of the room.

"Oh and Peter, clean the TV screen before your father sees it."

Pete couldn't believe what had just happened.