Prologue

A scientist went to California to witness a meteor shower first hand. His work was with genetics not astronomy but he loved the way 'shooting stars' looked.

Maybe it was luck . . . or maybe it was misfortune.

A small meteor fell to the earth and he left his observatory to see it up close. It was the size of a basketball, stuck in a hole it made in the ground. The scientist prodded it with a stick. To his astonishment the rock opened up and inside were several smaller rocks, each of a different colour.

The scientist looked around. He reached to pick up the big rock but it burnt his hand. He shook off the pain and plucked the smaller rocks from the meteor, carrying them in his arms as he ran back to his observatory.

_____________________________

Several years later

"Sir the final test has been failed." Reported Dr Kim's most trusted advisor.

Dr. Kim was sat in his office with his feet on his desk, whistling a tune. After finding those beautiful space rocks years ago he had started extensive experiments on them. Soon enough a plan had been made. He had a mission and would use the rocks to complete it. He frowned deeply at his adviser and put down his feet. "What do you mean?"

"What I just said sir." The adviser said with sweat at his brow. He was a short fat man who got out of breath very easily. He knew that his boss was a little off and so was very upset that he had to be the one to break the news to him. "We just injected the finished product into Hoseok but he seems to not be taking it well." He gulped as he saw his boss' eyebrow rise. "What I mean by that is that it has had absolutely no effect on him." He held his head down his eyes closed.

Dr. Kim stood up and started laughing heartily.

"Sir?" Asked his advisor. "Why the laughter?" He didn't understand. If anything his boss should have been yelling down the place.

Dr. Kim wiped a tear from his eye. He sat back down and put his feet up. "Tell me Dr," He said pulling out a cigarette from his lab coat. He pulled out his lighter and lit the stick, bringing it to his lips. He blew. "What is the difference between our Hoseok and a normal human being?"

The advisor blushed. This was humiliating. "Hoseok has obtained special abilities from one of our experiments. He can fly and run at the speed of light."

Hoseok was one of seven boys who were being used as lab rats in Dr Kim's rock experiments.

The seven boys, one of which was the advisor's son, had somehow obtained super human abilities while being test subjects of the lab. It was all an accident and they had been trying to undo their mistake for a while but nothing seemed to work. No one thought that the 'super powers' as Hoseok called them, would get in the way of the boys' roles as lab rats.

"Exactly." Dr. Kim said pointing at his advisor. He drew the stick of smoke from his lips then blew again. "So what are you to do now huh? The boys are no longer of use and they know all of our secrets. What's the obvious next step doctor?" He asked sitting up again but this time wearing a devilish smirk.

The advisor's heart sank. He started shaking his head. "D-do you want to get rid of them?" He asked in disbelief.

"It's all I can think of tubby." The mad scientist said with a shrug.

"But, my son is one of them doctor. And plus they're still young boys." His advisor said becoming very angry. He had given up everything to work with this man because he found his discovery to be incredible and wanted to see the noble dream this man had told of come alive. Why was Dr. Kim being so insensitive towards him and his other friends who gave up their first born sons as lab rats for his experiments? "There has to be something else we can do doctor. So what if the tests have no effect on them? We can just keep them here still . . . They won't be able to let everyone know of our plans if they're still here. And then we can use someone else as a lab rat. How about that?" He started off strong but was pleading by the end, coming right up to his boss' desk.