Deeper

Ray Ray smiled like a dope at how excited Jesy was right now.

"If we went a couple more rounds I would have crushed you Basketboy!" The girl said with an adorable frown. "I was literally so close!"

"Yes I must say that you were basically a pro by the third round but you have a lot to go before you can beat me Jesy." He chuckled.

Jesy scoffed. "You're just scared Basketboy. I was about to beat your ass at your own game." She pointed at him and shoved his chest lightly. "You're so scared you wanna go home." There was nothing she liked more than a good game. Actual games were almost as fun as mind games.

"Ha that's funny. You're the one who wanted to go home earlier." He laughed. "Now it's actually getting kinda late, my Mom wants me home before ten o'clock."

They had been heading to the parking lot where Jade, Prodigy and Roc Royal should have already been waiting. Jesy suddenly paused in her movements. She recovered quickly and continued before Ray Ray had a chance to ask her what the matter was.

"So um . . . you enjoyed tonight right?" Ray asked slowing down. He was hoping he could probably get a goodnight kiss in. Jesy had really loosened up while they were playing basketball. She was quiet while they'd eaten their pizza but was vocal when they got on the small court at the back of the arcade. She'd listened attentively to the instructions he'd given her about basketball and she proved to be quite good at it after they played around for a bit. She was the first girl that could actually keep up with him and seemed genuinely interested in the game -besides Leigh-Anne of course.

Jesy slowed down as well then stopped completely. "I guess it wasn't completely unbearable . . . the basketball was kind of fun." She started walking again. "But we're never doing it again."

Ray Ray quickened his pace to catch up to her as both their cars and their waiting friends loomed in the distance. "B-bbut you said it wasn't unbearable why would you not want to do it again?" He asked grabbing her hand.

Jesy pulled her hand back forcefully and faced him. "It's like I said; you don't know me. And if you did you wouldn't like me. Let's not spoil your little 'mystery'."

"But I want to know you. How do you even know what I'll like?" He pleaded. "Mysteries should be solved."

Jesy shook her head, it almost seemed like she was getting irritated. "Oh I know! If you don't want to believe me you'll just have to suck up the fact that your mystery girl rejected you okay?! We are NOT doing this AGAIN!" She shoved him then walked briskly towards her car and Jade who was laughing along with Prodigy and Roc Royal.

Ray was taken aback. "What kind of mood swing?" He ran after her but she had already gotten in her car and was buckling her seat belt.

"Man you made her angry somehow." Roc pointed out as he and Prodigy stepped away from the car of which Jesy just revved the engine.

"You mean angrier right?" Prodigy asked.

"Bye guys." Jade was waving as she got inside on the passenger seat.

"Jesy wait, what the hell was that about?" Ray Ray asked getting near Jesy's open window.

Jesy gave him the finger then sped off.

"So . . . what'd you do?" Roc asked.

Ray Ray scratched the back of his head. "I really don't know . . . she was talking about how it was fun then next thing I know she's swearing to never do it again." He shook his head. "Mystery is definitely the accurate term."