Story Time

Leigh-Anne's eyes were burning. She blinked slowly and then let her eyes fall closed. She opened them up quickly and bit her lip. "So much blood." She whispered. She shuddered. "I wish there hadn't been so much blood."

She looked at the moon through her open window. Taehyung's song came to mind. "Where are you?" She asked. She was about to turn away from the window when a figure appeared in it. "Oh my God it's her." She gasped and sat up.

"Why the hell are you awake?" A tired voice that Leigh was not expecting asked.

Leigh-Anne frowned in confusion. "What?"

"Can . . . um can I sleep with you?" Jesy asked moving slowly nearer to the bed. "By the way it'd be a real bummer if you said no seeing as I've walked all the way here with a concussion." She sounded bored.

Leigh's mouth was hanging open. "Jesy." Was all she could get out.

Jesy sat on the bed and gingerly got into a lying position. "I'm taking your awe struck whisper of my name as a yes." She closed her eyes and sighed.

"Wh-what're you doing here Jes?" Leigh asked still sitting up and looking at the lying form next to her.

Jesy grunted. "I . . . I was lonely okay." She kept her eyes shut. "I want to be near you right now . . . I know we . . . well we've had a bit of a fight I think . . . and I feel like maybe it was my fault. But I really do nee-want you."

Leigh breathed in deeply. "I thought you said you liked being alone."

"Ha." Jesy half barked. "I thought you saw through that."

Leigh stretched out and faced the girl. "I did. But it's strange to hear you admit to anything. It gives me a feeling of doom."

Jesy smirked, her eyes still closed. "I feel it too. But there won't be doom. I'm not crying yet."

"What does that even mean?" Leigh giggled a little.

Jesy opened her eyes. She could see the outline of Leigh-Anne's face close to hers. "You're not okay are you Princess?" Jesy deflected the question.

Leigh gulped. "I . . . I don't know. I feel strange."

"Remember my promise to take you to the beach after that insufferable dance?" Jesy asked closing her eyes again. "And telling you my secrets?"

Leigh nodded. "I wanted it to happen so bad but you were in the hospital, there's a crazy scientist after us and . . . well as you said we kind of fought. It was my fault though. You were just looking out for me . . . except for that dumb prank. That wasn't fun."

Jesy laughed. "What? Was my kiss that bad? D'you hate it that much?" F*ck me. Since when am I a bad kisser?

Leigh frowned. "No . . . it was nice . . . just not the time . . . I wasn't in a good place . . . but then I guess maybe it shocked me out of doing something rash."

Jesy opened her eyes again. "You confuse me Leigh-Anne. There I was mouthing off to your sister about me knowing what you need better than anyone then watching you nearly self-destruct before my eyes. And I still didn't realize something was wrong until you spat in that idiot's eye."

Leigh felt her cheeks heat. "Maybe you do know me best . . . at least you noticed. Ray hadn't noticed and my parents were confused the entire night. I didn't even notice really . . ."

"So do you know what was going through your head?" Jesy asked tiredly. She was blinking slowly.

Leigh shook her head. "I don't think I want to talk about it . . . I was . . . confused. Very confused. And your kiss only made it worse which is why I was so upset."