Unfolding

Taehyung knocked on the door to Leigh-Anne's house shyly. He wasn't as nervous as before but there were still butterflies playing in his tummy. He looked back at Jin who was in the car. Jin was to be the one to take him and Leigh-Anne to the beach. The older boy gave Taehyung a smile and a thumbs-up to which Tae smiled back.

The door opened and a tall man stood before Taehyung. The man looked Taehyung up and down. "Oh. You're the boy who'll be taking my daughter out . . ." He said.

Taehyung gulped. He nodded slowly. "Uh hello my n-name is Kim Taehyu- I mean Taehyung Kim." He said bowing in respect. "Yes sir. I will be the one to take your daughter on date." He was still bowing. "I promise that she will have fun. I- I brought foods and we will . . . um we will . . ." He was becoming flustered.

"Daddy!" Leigh-Anne's voice sounded from inside the house. "You're scaring him." She said standing next to her father. She giggled. "Taehyung you can stop bowing now."

Taehyung pulled himself up then took a breath when he laid eyes on Leigh-Anne. "You look so beautiful." He said without thinking.

Leigh-Anne smiled but raised an eyebrow. "Thank you Tae but I'm not even dressed all that fancy." She said looking down at her attire. She was wearing a white tank top and a pair of denim short-shorts. Nothing too fancy. She carried a back pack on her back and a basket in her arm.

"I know but you make everything look so . . . beautiful." Taehyung said in awe.

Leigh-Anne giggled. "Thank you Tae." She said. "You look very handsome."

"Thank you."

"Shall we be leaving now?" Leigh asked stepping out of the front door and away from her father who was still eyeing the handsome boy who was going to take his daughter away from him.

"Yes . . . I . . . I cannot drive so Jin hyung will be driving us to bitch- No! I mean beach." He said covering his face in embarrassment. I am ruining everything. "So sorry." He apologized as they walked to the car.

Leigh laughed this time. "You're so cute and polite. It's okay. It must be hard to speak a language you're not used to. How long did you say you've been speaking English?" Leigh asked him.

"Uh . . . Most of my life but I never had lessons. I only listened and caught on." He said opening the door for Leigh.

"Ohhh right." Leigh said. Before she got in she waved at her father. "Bye Daddy! Taehyung will bring me home by six alright? So you can rest today." She said.

"Are you sure you don't want me to chaperone Princess?" Leigh's dad asked as he walked out of the front door. He never liked it when Leigh-Anne went on dates.

"Do not worry father. I will be chaperone." Another extremely handsome guy said from the car. He was sitting at the steering wheel. "I will be sure that nothing bad happens on date."

Mr. Pinnock bit his lip as he watched Leigh-Anne go inside of the car followed by the Asian fellow. They both waved at him as they drove off. He let out a sigh. "He doesn't seem as bad as that Ray Ray at least. This one can't even drive." He shook his head and went back inside.

______________________________

"One day I wrote a really long letter to the moon . . ." Leigh read from a paper Taehyung gave her as they sat on a picnic blanket on the beach. They had finished eating about thirty minutes ago and Taehyung had decided to sing her a song he wrote. The lyrics were in Korean and she did not understand what he had said so he gave her the English lyrics that he had written before the date for her to read from when he was finished.