Round Up

"Okay so if we go over the events in chronological order maybe we can figure something out." Princeton was saying as the boys stood around Ray Ray's pale purple bedroom.

There were posters of different basketball stars on the walls and a shelf with art supplies on it. It wasn't exactly a large room but it was spacious enough.

"Man who dis?" Prodigy asked, ignoring Princeton and pointing to a picture on the wall. "He look like you."

"Oh that's my older brother." Ray Ray said with a proud smile. "He's about to join the NBA. No big deal."

"Cool man. Basketball is like . . . in your genes." Roc Royal said. "You know man I kinda see you as like an older brother . . ."

"Hello!" Princeton cut into the stupid conversation. "There are more important things to discuss. Like the fact that we're all turning into mutants!!!"

"Relax man. It's super cool." Prodigy said sitting on Ray's bed. "I'm sure when Superman was getting his powers he didn't freak out. And look what happened. He became one of the most famous heroes of all time."

"Superman is real?" Roc asked feeling a little more at ease with the situation.

Princeton couldn't believe it. "Superman is a made up character . . . and I'm pretty sure he always had his powers."

"Why you two so slow?" Ray Ray rolled his eyes.

"Now back to business. There was a door coated with some strange looking blue substance. We were all pushing against it. Lightning struck and we all fell unconscious. We woke up disoriented, some of us with headaches and dizziness . . . What next? How did your weekends go? I have already asked Leigh-Anne and it seems that she has not been affected at all or has not yet been affected. Maybe whatever it was only reacts with males?" Princeton said thoughtfully.

"I felt normal all weekend and I still feel normal now . . ." Ray Ray voiced.

"Maybe it thinks you're a girl." Roc Royal stated though he wasn't sure what 'it' was. "I mean your hair is too pretty, bouncy and soft to be manly." He caressed Ray Ray's hair delicately.

"Um . . . DON'T TOUCH ME!" Ray Ray screamed slapping the offending hand away.

"I felt great all weekend." Prodigy said joyfully. "Me and Justin practiced, we put up a few videos and we got a whole thousand views in just two hours. Plus seventy new subscribers. My weekend was great y'all."

"No but was there anything strange? Did your speed abilities only show up suddenly today?" Princeton asked slowly as if he was talking to a dog.

"Oh no it didn't. Me and Justin were just gonna do some running and it just showed up outta nowhere!!" Prodigy replied.

Princeton rolled his eyes. "So it did show up suddenly."

Prodigy shrugged.

"Mine just happened this morning." Roc Royal said. "But I was really energetic for the whole of the weekend, like I be running and jumping and I didn't even get tired at all. It was cool. I didn't even sleep on Saturday and I was fine on Sunday."

Princeton nodded. "Just like me. That's how it went for me. Endless energy over the weekend then bam at school this morning I could suddenly hear people's thoughts."

"You can read minds?! What am I thinking right now?" Prodigy and Roc Royal asked together.

"Something moronic." Princeton said wearily.

"Hey!" Prod said insulted.

"Wrong. I don't think about Moronic." Roc said. "I don't even know who he is."