Going In

The alarm on Leigh's phone went off, signalling that it was midnight. Her old phone had been trashed from the lizard battle so her father had gone out of his way to buy her a new one. She wasn't sleeping. She had not set the alarm to wake her up. It was to give her a heads-up that Jesy would be coming soon.

Leigh squealed in excitement and closed her diary which she had been writing in. She slipped the thick book underneath her pillow then ran to her window. She looked out in search of her friend. Jesy was not there. Leigh pouted.

"She promised she would be early tonight." She said to herself. Leigh sighed then decided to sit on her bed and wait.

In about five minutes Jesy came in through the window. "Oh wow you look ready." She sat on the bed next to Leigh. "Were you waiting?"

"Of course I was." Leigh said smiling. She hugged Jesy tightly. "Thank you for coming."

"The pleasure is all mine really. I was 'lonely' at home." Jesy said rubbing Leigh's back affectionately.

Leigh sighed. "I'm really sleepy. With everything going on I get nightmares when I blink so sleep is so out of the question . . . I'd really like to thank you for today. You cheered me up a lot. I mean I'm still a little bummed out and very confused about myself but you made me feel better about everything. I appreciate you so much . . . it's like you get better every day . . ."

"Did you write a speech or something?" Jesy asked laughing. "You don't have to thank me so much Princess. I promised you forever and I plan on keeping that promise. Besides it's actually hard to not try to cheer you up . . . I think you mentioned before that our friendship was fate . . . I know this is crazy but I actually feel like that shit might be true . . ."

Leigh gasped. "You believe? You believe that it's true!?"

Jesy cringed. "Yeah I guess . . . it's just that I feel like I know you really well."

Leigh tackled her to a lying position on the bed. "Oh my God this is awesome. I feel like I know you too." She hugged Jesy tight. "Why are you wearing those sunglasses? It's night."

Jesy squirmed underneath the girl. "My eyes are a little red from crying. I don't like the way it looks. I'm too tough to cry."

Leigh giggled. "No you're not you're a carebear."

Jesy sighed. "Wow. Thanks I guess." She flipped them over so she was on top. She noticed a bright light from the corner of the room that wasn't Leigh's usual green nightlight. It was a light like what Yoongi usually made. "Where'd you get that?" She asked letting Leigh up.

"Yoongi gave it to me last night after I fought with Ray and Tae. I wanted to be alone but the building was dark." Leigh answered sitting up and crossing her legs.

Jesy smiled. "I swear that idiot is doing all the right things." She muttered shaking her head. "It's just too bad I can't be with anyone." That phantom guy makes me feel weak.

Leigh bit her lip. "Are you sure you can't try to give Ray a chance?" She felt guilty again about everything.

Jesy shook her head. She scooted closer to Leigh-Anne so she was facing her. "We need to talk Princess."

"What about?" Leigh asked nervously.

Jesy breathed heavily. "I think we need to try to work out your confused feelings a little. I mean I know it sucks but you can't go around giving everyone mixed signals all the time. Taehyung and Jade were clearly pretty hurt. And Basketboy. And well now you're hurt too."