Nervous

"How are you doing that with your face?!" Leigh-Anne laughed. "It's so weird!"

"Weird?" Jade said suddenly self-conscious. She'd been making funny faces and telling Leigh-Anne jokes, hoping that this would win her heart somehow. Jade had never really thought of herself as funny but Jesy always laughed at her jokes so she hoped Leigh would too. Telling jokes was easier than trying to make things romantic.

"No I don't mean it in a bad way. It's like a funny weird. Cute too." Leigh said still giggling. "And I'm really happy you seem more comfortable."

Jade blushed. Leigh-Anne's family was terrifying to her. Her sister Sairah accused Jade of being a miniature Jesy sent as part of some scheme to gain their approval . . . whatever that meant. And the way Leigh's family stared made Jade super uncomfortable. It didn't help that Leigh-Anne also seemed nervous about them at dinner.

There had also been the fact that Jade had eaten in the food court earlier and still felt considerably full from that. Eating a full meal was practically impossible to her. She tried very hard though but got to a point where she felt like she'd throw up if she took another bite when she'd cleared only a quarter of the plate. She really did not want to seem rude. Thankfully Leigh-Anne had seemed to almost expect her lack of an appetite and didn't make a fuss over it like her parents seemed to want to.

"I . . . I like being alone with you." Jade murmured. Was that smooth? I can't even tell.

They were in Leigh's bedroom sitting on her bed and just having fun. They'd played with Leigh's dog earlier. He was as adorable as Perrie's.

"Awwwww that's sooo sweet!" Leigh squealed. "I love being alone with you. You're so adorable and funny. We should definitely spend some more time together. I knew you would be fun."

Jade swallowed and pressed a palm to her hot cheek. "You're fun too . . ."

A knock on the door startled them. "Leigh-Anne you guys should get ready for bed." Mrs. Pinnock said sticking her head in the room, her eyes quickly surveying the room for anything strange and potentially dangerous. She thought this Jade girl looked scared of basically everything but she couldn't be too sure. As Sairah said she did have a very slight resemblance to Jesy . . . Though Mrs. Pinnock still was not sure what she thought of that girl.

"But Mummy!" Leigh whined. She wanted to talk to Jade forever. The small girl was adorable and fun to have around. Plus Leigh did not want to have to go to bed . . . "It's not even that late."

"I'm sure you and Jade are tired," Mrs. Pinnock smiled a little at the way Jade blushed when she heard her name. I think I rather her to Jesy . . . "Besides you said you have a 'date' tomorrow for lunch so you can't sleep in."

Leigh groaned. "Fine. We'll go to bed." She waved her mother off a little. "You can go now. Nothing clandestine is happening, this isn't Jesy -not that she ever does anything." She giggled. "Like I keep telling you she's just a tease."

The mother rolled her eyes. "Just get to bed sweetie. Make sure Jade has what she needs. I'll check on you two in an hour."

When the door clicked closed Leigh grinned at Jade. "It's bath time! I can't wait to get you into one of my pug themed PJs."

Jade had been comfortable . . . but now the prospect of Leigh-Anne bathing and being naked anywhere near her was making her nervous. Even worse was the fact that she had to take a bath too. She licked her lips in apprehension.

Leigh hopped to her feet and was searching through her drawers. "I found 'em!" She squealed in excitement. She placed two sets of pug themed pyjamas on the bed. "Aren't they cute? We'll be matching!" She did a little dance.