Freaks

"Okay so you're gonna stay here while I go look for that guy in the turtleneck." Ray Ray said as he backed out of his bedroom.

"Man what if I break something? What if I kill somebody? What if I end up being a super villain instead of a super hero?!" Roc Royal cried.

"Calm down! If you stay in here like I'm telling you to, nothing bad will happen." Ray said irritated. "And you're not a superhero or a super villain. Right now you're just a guy with freaky abilities." He locked the door and sped out of his house.

Ray Ray had looked for that kid from this morning by searching through pictures of the school's different clubs on Facebook but he couldn't find him anywhere. Now he had to go back to school to see if he could get to him. He hoped Roc Royal would stay put.

When he got back to the school he was stumped. "If I were a smart guy where would I be?" He mumbled to himself as he walked the empty halls. He face palmed when he realized that most people were in their final class for the day. He wasn't going to find him now. "F*ck."

This was becoming stressful. He wasn't sure what to do. He had some freak with powers locked in his bedroom. He started looking at his hands wondering if something weird was going to happen to him too. The turtleneck dude had said he thought something might be going on with himself. What if Ray was next? "No, no, no, no, no." He shook his head.

He decided to head outside to clear his head. He needed a walk. If he was going to deal with this he needed to be calm. He was walking near the track field when he heard a loud yell. He turned to see what was going on. He found himself running in the direction of the field when he spotted that guy who had gotten chocolate syrup all over him on Friday.

"Hey you!" Ray Ray yelled at the boy who was excitedly speaking with some other dumb looking guy.

"Heya Ray Ray!" The boy yelled back with a goofy grin. He said something else to his friend and they both started laughing.

Ray Ray panted when he reached them, trying to give himself time to think. This kid was there. He wondered if something strange was going on with him too. "Why aren't you two in class?" He started cautiously.

The slow looking friend seemed to be trying to contain some sort of excitement. "We were skipping class to practice some dancing and thought that we'd come out here to do some running as a warm up," He started jogging in place. "But we discovered that Prod here is a really fast sprinter." He gestured to the boy Ray had nearly killed on Friday night.

Prod seemed bashful. "Aww Justin it's not that impressive." He shoved his friend lightly then seemed to reconsider his statement. "Actually it is." He said with a wide grin.

"Soon we'll hear about you beating tons of athletes." Justin said.

Ray Ray was getting a bad feeling about this new found sprinting speed. "Really? Maybe even faster than Bolt?" He asked nervously.

Prodigy and Justin both nodded. "Soon instead of faster than the speed of light they'll say faster than the speed of Prodigy." Prod said. "And I haven't ever had any training."

"My boy is just gifted like that." Justin said proudly. "I swear your legs were blurry man."

Ray Ray bit his lip. Could these idiots have mistaken an unnatural speed for talent? He tapped his chin nervously. "C-can I see this super speed please?" He asked hesitantly.

Both boys looked excited. "Do it man, do it!" Justin said tapping Prodigy's shoulder rapidly.

"I'm going to!" Prod said with a laugh as he turned around and stretched a little. He took off running down the field and returned in less than five seconds. "Tada!!" He said hopping in excitement. "And I ain't even sweating."