New Things

Namjoon tried not to cringe at the sounds of awe that his friends were making as they walked through the streets. It was true that they'd literally lived underground for most of their lives but he would have liked it if they tried to be discreet.

"Guys don't point at people . . ." He said in an embarrassed tone.

"Namjoon what is that?" Taehyung asked pointing upwards.

"That's the sky Tae . . . We've read about the sky." Namjoon replied.

"It is blue." Jimin also pointed at the sky.

"Bird! Bird!" Hoseok yelled pointing his finger at the sky as well.

"Stop it!" Jin yelled at the younger ones and Hoseok. "We have to look natural."

"Are you guys part of some team or something?" Someone stopped to ask them. A lot of people were staring. "What's with the uniforms?" The man nodded at their white warm-up suits.

"Uh . . . track team." Jungkook supplied with wide nervous eyes.

The man shook his head and walked off laughing.

"Okay guys, first we need to find a place to live . . . then some clothes. After that we can look for the people who might have been affected by the rock." Namjoon said rationally.

All of them nodded.

"Do you remember what they look like?" Yoongi asked him sounding bored. That was his natural tone it seemed.

Namjoon shook his head. He hadn't really seen them. But he had heard their voices. He knew what they all sounded like. Plus he had a dark image of one of them in his mind. The girl who he had saved from being crushed by the door. He knew her general size and shape. He was sure he'd be able to make her out in a group. Plus he'd heard them call her name. Jade. "Don't worry. We'll find them."

"And annihilate them." Yoongi added as if that fact was casual.

The others suddenly didn't seem so joyful until Hoseok yelled out that they should go shopping for clothes first. That got everyone excited again with Taehyung hopping up and down in place.

_____________________________

Jesy wrote the word 'F*ck' on the wall in giant red letters. She did it over and over again until she ran out of wall to write on. She groaned. It seemed no matter how much she wrote the word and screamed it out she didn't feel better. Just like last night. She was pissed off at the state of her life.

"Oh well." She sneered to herself as she tossed the half empty spray can to the ground.

Her weekend had been more terrible than usual. She'd gotten home late on Saturday morning after driving all night on Friday and throwing tomatoes at the police station. Then she'd spent the whole day trying to entertain herself by punching at the punching bags in her basement and doing her work out regime over and over again despite the three days a week rule her doctor had ordered. She had gotten several calls and messages from random guys and girls she messed with whom she did not care about. It had been hard writing 'f*ck off' over a hundred times. Why were people so annoying? The real question is why I gave them my number. What the f*ck?

 Her Sunday had been spent re-watching her favorite horror movies and sleeping. Hmmm I guess my weekend wasn't all that bad . . . just lame. You'd swear I was a lonely eighty year old with the way I live. She sighed.

Today she had decided to not carry out the charade of going to school and trying to not randomly punch every stupid teen in the face. She really hated people when they weren't entertaining her or adoring her. And she hated herself when none of her usual hobbies were entertaining.