Chapter 9

Saturday morning came and I was laying in my bed, listening to the outdoors. I laid in my bed, knowing it would be my last lie in in this apartment. I had no money, I couldn't just get somewhere new and I was ashamed about asking someone for help. I'd figure it out. I spent the rest of the day packing a bag, I couldn't fit everything so I just stuffed it with clothes, pictures and toiletries. My phone buzzed suddenly, I picked it up. It was 7 pm already! A text from Kevin.

Kevin Keller: SOS!

Raven Campbell: What's up? x

Kevin Keller: God. Raven Campbell get to Pop's ASAP! I can't and wont deal with Jugheads rant anymore, can you take over? Also, drama between Betty and Archie. She knows something. x

Raven Campbell: I'll be right there Kev, see you in 10! x

I brushed my hair and let it flow down my petite curves, grey jeans clung to my legs along with a white shirt and a denim jacket. I paired these with my navy converses and my beanie. I left my apartment and walked down the street, my headphones securely in each ear. My hands were in my pockets to stop them from getting cold. My face always looked unhappy and tired now, just out of laziness and depression I guess. I opened the two glass doors to Pop's and the bell rang as I entered. Pop nodded in greeting and smiled.

"Usual?" Pop asked and I nodded, grinning. I scanned the room to see Jughead, Kevin, Ronnie and Betty sitting around a table, Kevin called me over.

"Hey guys." I looked at them all. Ronnie looked neutral, Kevin was rolling his eyes, Jughead looked angry and Betty was staring at her lap, I knew something was wrong. I slid in next to Ronnie.

"The drive in closing is just one more nail in the coffin that is Riverdale. No forget Riverdale, the coffin of the American dream. As the godfather of Inide film, Quentin Tarantino once said." Jughead spat, he looked genuinely devastated and my eyes widened at the news.

"God, please no more Tarantino references." Kevin interrupted, clearly tired of this rant. It was only just beginning for me, I was pissed.

"They what? I can't believe it, they're getting rid of my childhood!" I joined in the rant and Kevin gave me a look as in saying 'Thanks for the help.' He was being sarcastic. I looked at Jughead and he looked back at me with hurt eyes.

"Yep, they're just shutting it down. I don't even know why! I'm pissed! And not just about loosing my job, the Twilight Drive in should mean something to us! People should be trying to save it." He growled. The distinct curl that came out of his crown knit beanie shadowed his face slightly, his arms were stretched out on the table and he was slouching his his seat.

"I agree! The Drive in was like my home when I was younger. We used to sneak into the booth any chance we had, just to watch the movies from the inside. We'd take as much food as possible and camp out in there." I smiled and the distant memories that was my childhood. I missed doing these things, but i'm not so innocent anymore. Jughead gave me such a sincere look, it was a look as if he was meeting me for the first time, like he had found his match.

"In this age of Netflix, do people really want to be watching movies, in a car. I mean who even goes there?" Ronnie added, she didn't know the Drive in, she didn't grow up with all of us. I glanced over at a clearly upset Betty, she was rubbing the back of her neck and she began dipping her finger in the whipped cream of her milkshake. Pop put mine down and I said thanks before he walked off again.

"People who want to buy crack." Kevin replied and I almost choked on my milkshake.

"And Sinophiles, or car enthusiasts.Right Bets?" He glanced over at Betty who looked up from her lap, she nodded her head.