Chapter 11

A couple of weeks passed. Me and Jughead had been living at school all this time. A lot happened in the past few weeks. Dilton Doyle shot the gun on July 4th. Miss Grundy left town. My house was still mine, but I hadn't stepped foot in there since the day I was with Jughead.

I woke up in my little makeshift bed. Jughead hadn't woken up yet, he was lightly snoring. I picked up my small bag on toiletries and my clothes, so I could take them to the bathroom. I entered the bathroom cautiously, making sure nobody was around. I turned on the school showers and when I got out I brushed and dried my long hair, leaving it to slightly wave down my back. I let a black band tee shirt dress hang over my body, I slipped my feet into navy high top converses and I let a denim jacket hang over my shoulders. I looked in the mirror one final time and headed back to the janitors closet to grab my bag, that's when I saw Archie with his arms folded, and Jughead sighing, they both looked heated. Archie's eyes caught mine and a gave him a weak smile.

"So this is who is here with you. Jughead, why have you dragged Raven down with you?" Archie frowned walking closer to me, he put a hand on my back and asked if I was alright. I shook him off.

"Arch, I'm fine. He didn't drag me down, I chose to be here. It was my idea to stay here." I replied looking at Jughead who was looking at Archie, his mouth small.

"How long have you been staying here?" He asked us and I looked down at my feet, I was ashamed of being homeless.

"Since they shut the Drive in." Jughead finally spoke. Archie's eyes widened and he turned to us both.

"Why wouldn't you come to me guys? I have room at my place, you know that."

"I was ashamed Arch. I was evicted. I had no where to go and neither did Jug, so we stuck together through this. I'm pretty sure Fred wouldn't want me hanging around all the time. And anyway I can take care of myself, Andrews." I winked. I acted way more confident than I felt. He wasn't amused, in fact he just frowned even more.

"Of course my dad will want you to stay. He was your mom and dads best friend, same with you Jughead. Class starts in a minute, we'll talk to him after school. Okay?" Archie insisted and me and Jughead were just speechless, we couldn't exactly deny his kind offer so we just nodded our heads. The bell rang breaking the silence that lingered between us. I grabbed my bag and headed in a different direction from the two. I had music first. I had been skipping this class since I got home. I opened the music classroom door and all eyes turned to me, including Archie. He never used to be in this class. Great.

"Nice of you to join us Miss Campbell, I hear you're an excellent musician! Take a seat my dear." The new music teacher smiled warmly, I liked her already. I sat down next to Archie who was looking at me with wide eyes, his mouth slightly open.

"I didn't know you did music?" He said, almost as if it was a question. Nobody knew I did music, it was a little secret of mine. The cool girl as an aspiring musician? Yeah right.

"Uh, I wanted a change. I've never taken music before." I fake smiled. It was all lies. Even though the new music teacher had announced my skills to the whole class. Archie raised an eyebrow.

"Right. And that's why the new music teacher thinks you're so good?" He said sarcastically and I rolled my eyes, it's not like I still wanted this class, but nobody would skip with me today so I had to come.

"Exactly. NEW teacher. She doesn't know what she's talking about." I lied again. I hate lying to Archie. I shouldn't lie to him, he knows my darkest secret and didn't tell anyone. I started to think about secrets and then remembered that I had forgotten to do something very important. Tracking down my father and my brother. I shook the idea out of my head again and continued to listen to the teacher.